Impact

Best Supporting Actor predictions-2016

5 hours ago, Impact said:

But...what about Hedges? You make him feel left out! Okay he has the young ones!

Ali and Patel are the only ones with a chance at winning. The other three are just lucky to be nominated (especially Hedges, who had to overcome ageism on the male side).

29 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

probably like 15. around the same as Jared Leto in terms of recent winners.

I watched it again with like a calculator , he is on for about 13 mins and some change which is on par or more than the screen time of Raylance but I'm pretty sure Leto was on for more 

to be completely honest he deserves the oscar , one of the rare cases where it actually goes where it should 

1 hour ago, BirdMan said:

I watched it again with like a calculator , he is on for about 13 mins and some change which is on par or more than the screen time of Raylance but I'm pretty sure Leto was on for more 

to be completely honest he deserves the oscar , one of the rare cases where it actually goes where it should 

Rylance had 38 minutes of screentime.

I actually really liked Lion and Patel was good in it but honestly everyone agrees that his half of the movie was significantly lacking compared to the other part. Kinda feels like that new haircut is carrying him, tbh. Hedges was good but his performance has really faded from memory compared to Affleck/Williams. Bridges and Shannon brought humanity and intrigue to what could have been very rote characters, but neither feels like a winner to me. Ali deserves it. He came through that movie like a hurricane. I would have given Rhodes/Holland/Sanders nominations over most people in this category, honestly. This has to go to someone from Moonlight.

Last year's Supporting Actor category rocked. There was about 15 deserving people, and alot of the very best (Del Toro, Isaac, Jason Mitchell, Dano) didn't even really come close. Step it up, 2017. 

10 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

1. Shannon

2. Bridges

3. Ali

4. Patel

Haven't seen Hedges yet but since Patel's performance like Lion as a whole is a big pile of nothing I'm sure he's at least #4. 

Hot damn, I agree with the Top 3 (Haven't seen Lion yet tho). Hedges is fourth IMO; he definitely has some good moments, but there's also a bit of inexperience to his performance.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I actually really liked Lion and Patel was good in it but honestly everyone agrees that his half of the movie was significantly lacking compared to the other part. Kinda feels like that new haircut is carrying him, tbh. Hedges was good but his performance has really faded from memory compared to Affleck/Williams. Bridges and Shannon brought humanity and intrigue to what could have been very rote characters, but neither feels like a winner to me. Ali deserves it. He came through that movie like a hurricane. I would have given Rhodes/Holland/Sanders nominations over most people in this category, honestly. This has to go to someone from Moonlight.

Last year's Supporting Actor category rocked. There was about 15 deserving people, and alot of the very best (Del Toro, Isaac, Jason Mitchell, Dano) didn't even really come close. Step it up, 2017. 

:rofl:  The hair is glorious but yeah his half of the movie is not the half that makes the movie special.  That child Sunny Pawar is the one that should have been nominated.

In this category Ali is the standout, Bridges would be my runner up.  The category overall is pretty weak.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BirdMan said:

Ive actually pretty much agreed with a lot of their recent picks.  Especially Rylance and Simmons.