WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This places Zootopia 7th in the highest animated Thursday previews, .3M behind HTTYD2. At the very least this will outgross BH6.

Take BH6 multiplier it does 68-69M. I think that's low range. Frozen 3-day multiplier gives it around 93-95M. That's high mark IMO, so I guess the film could fall anywhere in the range.

• Like 2

That's pretty good. Believe this puts it as the #1 Thursday preview ever for WDAS just ahead of Big Hero 6 and Frozen. and #3 for any Disney related animation behind Inside Out and Monsters University.

I would be sad about my 90M prediction failing here, but then again, The Lego Movie had 400K previews for a 69M debut in February. Plus, those movies had rougher competition. 70M+ can be achieved for sure, we'll see how bigger will it get after that.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WOM is travelling pretty fast so I won't be surprised if this does 19M or more today. Hoping for 20M.

I'd put money on it going over 20M today. I'm expecting 22-23M.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

At the very least this will outgross BH6.

I think we've known since December 17-18 that this was going to fly past BH6. It was by far the most positively received trailer at every single showing of the biggest movie of all time that I went to. Across the board, among both kids and adults, men and women. They didn't need to show a single commercial over the past month and this still would have been huge, Disney struck gold by putting that trailer in front of so many eyeballs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BH6 is a good comparison as kids were in school as well.

If I recall, when BH6 previews came out, some people were speculating that it would be more front loaded for previews compared to other original animations due to it be a marvel property. 

• Like 1

Right now I'm going to guess 21M for today. With BH6 increases and decreases:

21M

31.9M

21.7M

74.6M Total

KFP3:

21M

36.5M

25.5M

83M Total

Home:

21M

29.2M

19.4M

69.6M Total

Lego:

21M

37.8M

25.9M

84.7M Total

Peabody and Sherman:

21M

37.7M

25.8M

84.5M Total

• Like 2

That really isn't good for LHF is it? 20M would be a bit of a stretch unless it somehow develops strong legs over the weekend. WOM shouldn't be nearly as bad as Gods of Egyot but I think 1M would have been needed to make 20M+ a real possibility.