Zootopia (2016)  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

18 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Especially since he had the carrot recording. He was totally prepared to lovingly mock her like that

Of course, you do realize that a part of the forgiveness is that he saw how devastated she was. And she deserved to feel miserable, honestly.

It's probably the most ambitious film Disney's done in quite a while, to the point where a few issues come up where a few characters (but at least none of the major ones) feel underdeveloped, and the thematic heart of the movie has a few stumbles (namely predators being seen as frightening when they have several marks of social status, from the mayor to the police officers). However, these are ultimately quibbles for what may be Disney's best in its modern era. Fantastic world building, an otherwise fantastic and thoughtful message, and truly empathetic and lovable characters. It's just a really fun, brilliant film.

• Like 4

I loved it,  << obviously.  it was a really well crafted film for an animtion. and felt like it was almost made more for adults than kids, I loved Nick and Judy and the chemistry they had was just ecstatic. the world building was just incredible. everything was so fully realized, with an excellent message. this may be the first animated film I watched that I can say I need to watch again to get a view of everything that was going on. there were like stories in the story. just loved it A

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 3

Reposting my review for Zootopia.

Enjoyed the movie here. The visuals are absolutely insane. I could rave about it for hours. Its like they detailed everything. EVERYTHING. The world in the movie was set up so wonderfully, like you could believe there really was this was somewhere in the universe. The city, roads, the passageways, even the damn phones all had is own character. The attention to this is just amazing and  very colorful. 

The voice cast was just perfect as well. Goodwin and Bateman had some fantastic chemistry. Dialogue was on point for the whole film. I think kids will enjoy the visuals, and maybe a few of the jokes, but there were plenty of pop culture references and comedy for adults as well. Story itself was enjoyable, though ending was a bit weak in my opinion.

A-

• Like 2

Did anyone catch Doug's phone number on Bellwether's desk when helping Nick and Judy? As soon as Doug's actions were revealed, that was when I realized who the true villian was.

Disney sure is on a hot streak with unexpected villians, huh?

27 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Did anyone catch Doug's phone number on Bellwether's desk when helping Nick and Judy? As soon as Doug's actions were revealed, that was when I realized who the true villian was.

Disney sure is on a hot streak with unexpected villians, huh?

Four movies in a row. Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia. Hell, in the first three, Alan Tudyk plays the red herring. I'm glad he got a comic relief part in Zootopia.

I wonder how Moana can possibly have a surprise villain.

• Like 1

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I'd rather they didn't even try. I want an obvious, theatrical villain like we usually get with RonJon

I'm guessing it won't end up with a surprise villain. In fact, from its synopsis, Moana might not even have a villain at all.

47 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

One thing that really stood out to me were the animal expressions in this movie. So we'll executed.

I've never seen anything like it to be honest.

Not only that Judy and Nick's facial expressions looked like Ginnifer Goodwin and Jason Bateman. 

Right now, I don't just implore you to see Zootopia. I implore you to see it MULTIPLE TIMES.

It's honestly fucking insane. One screening I thought "Gosh, this movie is gritty and dark and the humor is deservedly mean-spirited," and the next I thought "What a hilarious and uplifting movie!".

And even scarier than that, I managed to have the complete opposite opinion on Nick and Judy. One time I thought "They're strictly like brother and sister" and now I think "OMG, they should hook up and have tons of babies!"

I guess it's like life itself. Your perspective changes as you experience more.

• Like 3

Another thing I noticed. I eavesdropped on a certain conversation in the audience.

Dad: How did you like it?

12-year-old daughter: It was good.

9-year-old son: Good.

Dad: It was awesome!

I think this movie's success will be driven by adults telling other adults about it.

• Like 2