#ED

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice (2016)  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

1 hour ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Just some random thoughts after seeing the movie.  I really liked and am close to loving it.

Things I liked:

*I like all the actors/performances for the most part.  I am a big fan of Cavill as Superman, Affleck was great as were all the supporting roles.  I feared the worst for Eisneberg in the trailers and he ended up being pretty good. Also loved seeing Pa Kent even if a brief scene.

*I thought the execution of Wayne/Batman's motivation to hate superman was excellent. A very believable and powerful way to make the story go early on.

*The last 45 minutes was awesome.  The fight between Batman/Superman was painful to watch in an effective way. But the "Martha" moment was wonderful and the sequences with the trio and Doomsday was fantastic.

*I was personally moved by the end with Superman/Lois, his sacrafice, and death.  Awesome stuff

Things I didn't care for:

* The first half of the film was uneven at times

* The cameos of the justice leaguers wasn't necessary IMO.

*The score was great, though that may change on multiple viewings.  The Superman theme from Man of Steel was my favorite music whenever it popped up.

Overall, awesome entertainment!

B+/A-

Agree with most of this, but esp the bolded part. I know they don't want to copy Marvel but that portion could've easily been handled with a mid or post credit scene. Instead it kind of felt out of place.

Saw it today. The film was not as near as bad as critics say it is. I actually liked it more then Batman Begins (and Deadpool as well), while this film was not as good as TDK or TDKR (or most Marvel films but that's another story), it was still good. In a way I thought Affleck was the best Batman. This film was not as dark as they made it out to be. Also this film was very daring to me as I never thought I see the day when a film would dare to

kill off Superman! Though I don't think he is dead, or he will come back someow

. While some nerd clapped when Wonder Woman appeared-wait that might of been me....

Overall a very enjoyable film.

B+

• Like 3

The good

the acting all around I was impressed by everyone.

Visually the film was beautiful 

pretty much scenes with Batman

Wonder Woman

Fight scenes were well done

The movie had some good scenes like the scenes with senator.

The bad

awkward pacing

Luther's motivation

ending it kept felt like it was good to end

Tried to do to much.   

Justice League

The score

2.5/5 

Edited by Darth Dexter of Hoth
  • Like 3

qouting my review from other thread

Ok so I saw this a day early but seeing it again tommorow as planned but....

what in the flying F! were the critics smoking ?

9/10

superman's struggle was better presented than man of steel 

batman was amazing 

Wonder Woman was ok 

lex was a really interesting take. Good 

the story was much better than I expected 

seriously what movie did the critics watch. Nowhere is this 30 RT . Nowhere is this 5/10. This is better than most other superhero movies which are 7/10 on RT 

WTF !!

• Like 2

On 3/25/2016 at 8:23 AM, rukaio101 said:

I did not like this movie. I did not like it all. I disliked it so much I decided a general overview would not begin to cover all the problems I had with it. So I decided to do a full summary review from beginning to end. Then I managed to write 2500 words on it without even getting out of Act 1. Because the story is that goddamn dense. So, instead of one enormous chunk, I'm going to make it a multi-part review on my blog (which I'm reviving solely for the sake of not cluttering up this thread).

Here's Part 1. Enjoy.

(I suppose at least I'm getting some enjoyment out of the movie now, even if it's just from ragging on it.)

For those still interesting in my continued ravings about this movie, here's Part 2.

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Impact said:

Saw it today. The film was not as near as bad as critics say it is. I actually liked it more then Batman Begins (and Deadpool as well), while this film was not as good as TDK or TDKR (or most Marvel films but that's another story), it was still good. In a way I thought Affleck was the best Batman. This film was not as dark as they made it out to be. Also this film was very daring to me as I never thought I see the day when a film would dare to

Hidden Content

. While some nerd clapped when Wonder Woman appeared-wait that might of been me....

Overall a very enjoyable film.

B+

I agree about how some described as being dark. Heck, even Bill Ramey from Batman-on-Film said it was darker than he expected but IDK, IMO The Dark Knight felt darker in tone.

As for the spoiler:

Spoiler

If you see, Snyder kind of pulled a Nolan from Inception, you see the dirt on top of the coffin move slightly before it cuts to black.

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

^^ Somehow, I expected nothing less, @rukaio101. :D

I figure it's best if I get it out of my system in one (or multiple) big chunks. Plus it gives me a chance to talk a bit about basic storytelling/writing (even if it's largely in a 'Don't do this' sort of way).

That said, it is amazing me just how much wrong there is in the movie to talk about. Most bad movies have only a few major problems for me. With this, the deeper I go and the more I think about the decisions made telling this story, the more shit just ends up being uncovered. It's like some kind of twisted treasure hunt.  

• Like 1

Disaster of epic proportions. Zack Snyder may tried his best to make the worst movie possible. Almost nothing works. The set up is overlong and boring. The batmobile chase from the Ship is absolutely horrible CGI. The visuals sucked for the Doomsday fight. Ben Affleck was ok and was not even close to Bale. Gadot is good for about 2 seconds and that's it. Amy Adams is irritating. Cavill was not bad. Eisenberg is horrible. People were laughing at some of his lines derisively. Jeremy Irons is solid and looks like an older version of RDJ.

The score was below average and the screenplay is a big letdown. I cannot believe that this is the best they could come up with. I'm amazed this POS has 30% rating at RT. It should be in single digits. BvS makes MOS look like a good movie.

D-

• Like 5

WOW! That was a complete mess. I've never been so bored. It's so disjointed and has no storyline.

And I have questions:

Why didn't they just give the spear to WW rather than have Superman do it (and die by consequence)?

How come Supes can hear Lois anywhere in the world, but can't hear his mother when she is kidnapped?

Was that the flash who warned Batman in the dream sequence?

• Like 2

The negative:

3rd act seems forced because apparently someone thinks you can't make great cbm without endless explosions and stuff. 

Is there some law that says republicans can't be in this movie? 

Strange because this is supposed to be about uniting people. 

The positive:

The first two acts prove cbm can have depth and complexity and be challenging without endless explosions. And stuff.

Plenty of action and great acting are especially strong for this type of film. Best Batman, best Lois Lane, best Perry White. Holly Hunter is simply great.

Loved the tone of the film. Just wish it had been carried throughout. Maybe next in the series. Love that this is not trying to be Marvel.

And to whomever threw in the Excalibur reference, I thank you.

Thanks for your time. 

Can't wait for the next film.

I don't feel like I really need to say anything. Just read a professional critic's review online and they'll probably highlight all the things I thought were wrong with this film.

The only one who escapes unscathed is Gal Gadot, whose performance I really enjoyed.

38/100 - mid-range C-

Edited by department store basement
  • Like 2

Liked the movie a lot. Pros:

Ben Affleck. Pretty comfortable saying he's the best Batman we've gotten on film.

The action. Every action scene in this movie works and never feels unnecessary (weeeeeeeell maybe not Knightmare, but the scene was fucking badass so I'll forgive it).

Wonder Woman!!!!!! My theater applauded when she first appeared in costume. I had a giant grin when she used the lasso.

A well rounded supporting cast. Jeremy Irons was a lot of fun as Alfred, Amy Adams hit the right notes, and Laurence Fishburne is given more to do.

The score. While I'm still unsure how to feel on Wonder Woman's theme, the rest of the score is amazing. I love Lex's theme.

The cinematography has improved greatly from MOS, as has the CGI. The CGI wasn't entirely flawless; that Superman shot in space looked fucking awful.

Cons:

The editing. Probably my biggest issue with the movie. There's a good amount of scenes that could have been cut (hello Kevin!) and the Knightmare scenes don't flow well with the rest of the movie. 

The ending(s). Zack needed to pick an ending and stick with it. Instead, we're jumping from Superman's funeral over to Lex and jail and back to the funeral. This goes back to the editing problem.

And then we have Lex. What a hilarious performance :rofl: I tried so fucking hard not to laugh out loud during the red capes scene, and that jar of piss? :redcapes: 

I wanted to give this a 9 but the cons are too glowing for me to do that. 8/10 | B+