chasmmi

Chas' Box Office Summer Game | We Have a Winner: Congratulations to DamienRoc on a game well Played. Special mention to darkelf as the runner up and Chewy into 3rd (had a fantastic pre-season score!) | Ya all come for the winter game ya here!

Ok I am slowly recovering from a vicious bout of plague that I caught from my students about 10-12 days ago, but with any luck I will not be dead by the time the game starts :) 

Just giving a quick heads up to (hopefully) expect the first SOTM question pop up in the next few days so that you have a lot of time to think about it.

• Like 6

Ok folks, Chasmmi has given me the honour of putting together a little set of questions as the last set of pre-season questions.... watch this space in the coming 24 hours as I add my little set to the beast that is the summer game.....

• Like 2

And here is Part A (I'm still compiling Part B at the moment but will be a comic book influenced set of questions...)

Jajang’s (JJ-8) little set of Questions.  Answer if you Dare!

Chasmmi has unleashed the beast within me and let add my little questionnaire to pre-season.  As before it will come in the form of 20 30 questions in total. This time however, I am breaking it into Parts A & B.  Part A will consist of 10 questions while Part B will consist of 20 questions.

Scoring (Overall)
General Scoring & Bonus points are listed after each set of questions.

You can choose to ABSTAIN from both sections for 10k (ie. Both Part A & Part B).

Bonus Scores (Overall)

There is bonus scoring under each Part, but this is an overall bonus score between both Parts and is in addition to all points gained from each Part.

If you get  at least 9 out of 10 in Part A and at least 18 out of 20 in Part B, you will receive a bonus of 20k (if get them all right see, then see the point below).

If you are GOD and get all 30 questions correct, you will receive a crazy bonus of 100k.

Part A: A Fish called Dory

A total of 7 animated films are being released over the course of the game. One of those films is anticipated by many and as such will have it as their number 1 film for summer.  Here are 10 questions to wet your appetite….

To be clear on the inclusions, the following films are included in this question:

Ratchet & Clank; The Angry Birds Movie; Finding Dory; The Secret life of Pets; Ice Age: Collision Course; Sausage Party; Kubo and the 2 Strings.

Questions

1) Will Finding Dory produce the biggest “animated” opening weekend of 2016 ?   (Current Record – 2016 = Zootopia 75.1m)

(Yes this question includes all animated films that have opened in 2016 up until the end of the game)
(ie. Finding Dory must open bigger than Zootopia AND all other animated films opening during the summer game)

2) Will Finding Dory produce the biggest “animated” opening weekend ever ?  (Current Record = Shrek the Third : 121.6m)

3) Will Finding Dory make more than 300m domestically ?

4) Will Finding Dory make more than 400m domestically ?

5) Will Finding Dory top the Summer Game domestically ? (ie. #1 film for the game)

6) Will Finding Dory make more than 1B worldwide ?

7) Will Finding Dory become the #1 Animated Film Worldwide (Current #1 = Frozen 1.277B)

8) How many weekends will an Animated Film be on top of the weekend chart ? (You have a Cushion of 1 Weekend – so if you are off by 1 you still get this correct)

9) Will any of the listed Animated Films have a weekend drop of “< 30%” in their 2nd weekends ?

10) How many Animated Films will be in the top 15 for the summer game ? (you have a Cushion of 1 Film)

Scoring

For each correct answer you will receive +5k.

For each incorrect answer you will receive -5k.

(No Answer / abstain 1 question will be assumed to be incorrect. YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION IF YOU GO FOR IT)

You can choose to ABSTAIN Part A (This section) for 5k.

Bonus Scores

If you get 7 or 8 out of 10 correct, you receive a Bonus of 2k.

If you get 9 out of 10 correct, you receive a Bonus of 5k.

If you get 10 out of 10 correct, you receive a Bonus of 10k.

Part B: Section to be revealed soon!

I will add the questions, and scoring for this section here very soon… watch this space!  There will be 20 questions.

• Like 2

Here is Part B : ( I will update the first post here + the template in the sub forum)

Part B: It’s a Comic Book World
In recognition of the recent domination of Comic Book Movies (Especially Marvel and DC), and an expectation that a comic book film will top the domestic summer. Here are 20 questions to  clear the air….

To be clear on the inclusions, the following films are included in this question:
Captain America: Civil War; X-Men: Apocalypse; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows; Suicide Squad

Questions
1) A comic book film is expected to make the highest opening weekend during the summer game (Many of you will have it as your number 1 Weekend).  Name that Film OR if you don’t think a Comic Film will be the number 1 weekend this summer, then put NONE.
2) Will Captain America: Civil War make more than Iron Man 2 (128.1m) on Opening Weekend?
3) Will Captain America: Civil War make more than Iron Man 3 (174.1m) (and inherently more than BVS) on Opening Weekend?
4) Will Captain America: Civil War make more than Captain America: The Winter Soldier (259.8m)?
5) Will Captain America: Civil War become the biggest MCU film which doesn’t have “The Avengers” in its title (ie. More than Iron Man 3 (409m))

6) Will X-Men: Apocalypse make more than X-Men: Days of Future Past (90.8m) on Opening weekend?
7) Will X-Men: Apocalypse make more than Deadpool (132.4m) on Opening weekend (this would make it the largest of the X-Men series)?
8) Will X-Men: Apocalypse make more than X-Men: The Last Stand (234.4m)?
9) Will X-Men: Apocalypse become the biggest of the X-Men series/franchise (Deadpool – Final number isn’t done yet)?
10) Will Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows make more than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (65.6m) on Opening weekend?

11) Will Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows make more than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) (191.2m)?
12) Will Suicide Squad make more than Captain America: The First Avenger (65.1m)?
13) Will Suicide Squad (Total) make more than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Opening Weekend (170m – estimate)?
14) Will All Comic Book films (Total) make more than 1 Billion domestically (Total of all 4 films together)?
15) Will any Comic Book film drop more than 62% in it’s second weekend? (this will always reference 3 day totals only)

16) In how many of the following markets will a Comic Book film be the number 1 film during the Game? (You have a cushion of 1 country)
Australia; Brazil; China; France; Germany; Mexico; Russia; South Korea; United Kingdom
17) Will Captain America: Civil War make more than 1 Billion Worldwide?
18) Will Captain America: Civil War (Worldwide Total) OR X-Men: Apocalypse (Worldwide Total) make than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Worldwide Total) AND Suicide Squad (Worldwide Total) Worldwide?
19) Will at least 2 Comic Book films receive a Cinema Score of at least “A”?
20) How Many Comic Book films will be in the ALL 3 of the main game charts? (there is no Cushion for this one!)

Scoring
For each correct answer you will receive +5k.
For each incorrect answer you will receive -5k.
(No Answer / abstain 1 question will be assumed to be incorrect. YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS IN THIS SECTION IF YOU GO FOR IT)
You can choose to ABSTAIN Part B (This section) for 10k.

Bonus Scores
If you get 14, 15 or 16 out 20 right in Part 2, you receive a Bonus of 2k.
If you get 17 or 18 out 20 right in Part 2, you receive a Bonus of 3k.
If you get 19 out 20 right in Part 2, you receive a Bonus of 5k.
If you get 20 out 20 right in Part 2, you receive a Bonus of 20k.

• Like 1

AND it is done!

First Post and all templates are updated.  

EVERYONE take note - you will need to recopy the template....... or at least the final section of it... so you can answer the 30 questions... Good luck everyone... (now i'd better get into this soon too ) :ohmyzod::poker:

• Like 3

On March 20, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Baumer said:

I dont think Xmen is near a lock for 200 million

Yeah, DOFP had more going for it and less competition and still wasn't that high over the mark.

I mean, I think it can happen, but it's no lock.

So, there was a grand masterplan to release an epic and ridiculous SOTM today in celebration of April Fools tt that would turn out to not be a real SOTM at all. You know, for the lols.

Sadly I still have plague so trying to think at that level is still a bit beyond me and thus there will just be a standard boring SOTM released once I am eventually recovered.

(Or Jajang will make one as a touching memorial to my legacy if I never recover from the supermalaria/swineflu/Sars/Ebola mega virus that I obviously am bravely fighting off right now.  

• Like 1

On 4/1/2016 at 5:32 PM, chasmmi said:

So, there was a grand masterplan to release an epic and ridiculous SOTM today in celebration of April Fools tt that would turn out to not be a real SOTM at all. You know, for the lols.

Sadly I still have plague so trying to think at that level is still a bit beyond me and thus there will just be a standard boring SOTM released once I am eventually recovered.

(Or Jajang will make one as a touching memorial to my legacy if I never recover from the supermalaria/swineflu/Sars/Ebola mega virus that I obviously am bravely fighting off right now.  

Hope your better soon mate :)

Anyway no need to post the Weekly Questions until 23rd or 24th April ... SOTM possibly around the 18th ?  still leaves plenty of time ... ne way isn't all the pre-season questions essentially a large version of the SOTM ;)

• Like 1