Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

4 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

SOLO on for a record breaking run in China, where it has now accumulated more than ¥1,000,000 in presales for Opening Day, and ¥2,000,000 in total presales!

So that's like really bad right? How's the opening weekend looking like based on this?

Ranger Solo (3 days out)

Midnights - 0.17m yuan

OD - 1.08m (23638 screens)

Sat - 0.44m

Sun - 0.36m

These numbers are just embarrassing 3 days out. Solo added about 10k screens today and had an increase of 68.75% which means it again did not double. If it doubles every day from here on out and has typical OW multipliers then it would get to 16m usd OW and then TLJ legs from there gets it to 24m usd total. I doubt it will double over the next 3 days and I doubt it will have typical OW multipliers so these numbers will most likely drop further

I dont even have comparisions at same point in time as I usually track only SH movies and they all are way above thee numbers but I will try and find some others in this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Excluding when China was still an immature market, has there ever been such a huge disparity in performance between Domestic and China with regards to major tentpoles? Solo's China gross has a chance of going under 5% of Domestic, which seems worse than any major Hollywood blockbuster released there in recent years.

14 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Ranger Solo (3 days out)

Midnights - 0.17m yuan

Sat - 0.44m

Sun - 0.36m

These numbers are just embarrassing 3 days out. Solo added about 10k screens today and had an increase of 68.75% which means it again did not double. If it doubles every day from here on out and has typical OW multipliers then it would get to 16m usd OW and then TLJ legs from there gets it to 24m usd total. I doubt it will double over the next 3 days and I doubt it will have typical OW multipliers so these numbers will most likely drop further

I dont even have comparisions at same point in time as I usually track only SH movies and they all are way above thee numbers but I will try and find some others in this thread.

Thanks for all the work you put in!

Same for Potus.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Ranger Solo (3 days out)

Midnights - 0.17m yuan

Sat - 0.44m

Sun - 0.36m

On 1/1/2018 at 9:30 PM, fmpro said:

SW8 did not show the monday power that JL and Thor3 did

4,07 mill with 3 days to go. Lets see what happens tomorrow but i doubt 100 mill yuan OD is impossible atp

On 4/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, ZeeSoh said:

3 days out

Rampage - 2.97 (+39.4%) (46k screens)

Annihilation - 2.22 (+16.2%) (21k screens)

I couldnt find any close comparisions but TLJ was at 4.07m 3 days out which is 276% more than Solo at same point in time. Dont know what the screen count was but TLJ opened to around 28m usd. Same proportions would mean Solo opens to 10m usd

Another comparision which was somewhat close is Annihilation. It had similar screen count at same point in time but more than double the PS. However Annihilation had that many screens many days in advance which helped it to have a bigger ps 3 days out. Solo on the other just today got to 23k screens and this is apparent in the fact that Solo's PS jumps have been much bigger than Annihilations and will continue to be bigger. But Annihilation ended up with 5.5m yuan in PS and had an OW of about 6m usd.

Solo, if it doubles everyday from here on out, is looking at a final PS not much higher than that of Annihilation. It will get to just 8.64. 

All in all signs are pointing to a 10m usd OW and about 15-16m usd total. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I couldnt find any close comparisions but TLJ was at 4.07m 3 days out which is 276% more than Solo at same point in time. Dont know what the screen count was but TLJ opened to around 28m usd. Same proportions would mean Solo opens to 10m usd

Another comparision which was somewhat close is Annihilation. It had similar screen count at same point in time but more than double the PS. However Annihilation had that many screens many days in advance which helped it to have a bigger ps 3 days out. Solo on the other just today got to 23k screens and this is apparent in the fact that Solo's PS jumps have been much bigger than Annihilations and will continue to be bigger. But Annihilation ended up with 5.5m yuan in PS and had an OW of about 6m usd.

Solo, if it doubles everyday from here on out, is looking at a final PS not much higher than that of Annihilation. It will get to just 8.64. 

All in all signs are pointing to a 10m usd OW and about 15-16m usd total. 

China will do less for solo than Thailand did for IW? :o 

SW needs to have some legs so SW9 can increase.

Edited by pepsa

9 hours ago, KP1025 said:

Excluding when China was still an immature market, has there ever been such a huge disparity in performance between Domestic and China with regards to major tentpoles? Solo's China gross has a chance of going under 5% of Domestic, which seems worse than any major Hollywood blockbuster released there in recent years.

The closest I can think of is Power Rangers (which ironically also has a Ranger in the title) which did less than $5m in China v.s. 85m DOM, which still had a proportion of 5%+.... that is, if Power Rangers count as a tentpole....

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, KP1025 said:

it goes the other way too in china. Not 5% but RE6 domestic was just 16% of CBO.  XXX3 was 25%

Solo not doubling and it has almost half of its expected shows listed at 27k

Looks like $20m OW is out the window and $10m looking tough unless there are unexpected huge bumps on the last 2 days.  Its an odd rollout, a small surprise can still happen but $15m OW is the max right now

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1