Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

6 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I really thought Rampage was a China friendly flick ?!?

I did too, I must imagine that this is some wait for RPO audience to start buy ticket for this kind of phenomenon ?

China recent Dwayne Johnson Output:

Jumanji: 78m

Central Intelligence/Baywatch: no-release I think

Fast7/8: like 350-400m

San Andreas: 100m

Hercules:13m

Not sure what could be the issue for Rampage to not achieve a 60-70m kind of run at least there.

8 hours ago, Barnack said:

I did too, I must imagine that this is some wait for RPO audience to start buy ticket for this kind of phenomenon ?

China recent Dwayne Johnson Output:

Jumanji: 78m

Central Intelligence/Baywatch: no-release I think

Fast7/8: like 350-400m

San Andreas: 100m

Hercules:13m

Not sure what could be the issue for Rampage to not achieve a 60-70m kind of run at least there.

I thought that 80-100 mill $ was a slam dunk here.. Rock vs Monsters. What more do you want? They love that stuff.. But lets see what happens. Things can turn quickly

21 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

6 days out and PS is upto 1m Yuan. Only added about 4k screens today. 69% rise today which is good but when the PS is this small it isnt hard to increase this much. 

Annihilation at 1.5m PS with less than half of the screens of Rampage. 

5 days out

Rampage increased 37% today to 1.37m yuan with hardly any increase in screens (30.5k screens which is only 5k less than what BP had at the same point in time). It’s still behind Annihilation although should catch up tomorrow. 

Annihilation increased only 12% to 1.68m. It had only 13k screens as of now which is only 40% of Rampage’

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2018 at 11:03 PM, ZeeSoh said:

5 days out

Rampage increased 37% today to 1.37m yuan with hardly any increase in screens (30.5k screens which is only 5k less than what BP had at the same point in time). It’s still behind Annihilation although should catch up tomorrow. 

Annihilation increased only 12% to 1.68m. It had only 13k screens as of now which is only 40% of Rampage’

4 days out

Rampage finally overtook Annihilation. It increased 55% today to 2.13m yuan and added about 8k screens or so. PS should start accelerating from tomorrow. Heading into Tomb Raider range of PS if PS continues to increase like this 

Annihilation added about 4k screens and increased about 14% to 1.914m yuan. Very poor increases the past few days after a very strong start. Still far more seats sold per screen than Rampage at this point

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

4 days out

Rampage finally overtook Annihilation. It increased 55% today to 2.13m yuan and added about 8k screens or so. PS should start accelerating from tomorrow. Heading into Tomb Raider range of PS if PS continues to increase like this 

Annihilation added about 4k screens and increased about 14% to 1.914m yuan. Very poor increases the past few days after a very strong start. Still far more seats sold per screen than Rampage at this point

3 days out

Rampage - 2.97 (+39.4%) (46k screens)

Annihilation - 2.22 (+16.2%) (21k screens)

• Like 4

If Rampage is going to blow up and do $200m+ it should do the following.

PS on track to go up 50% today to 4.5

PS goes up 100% on wed and thu to 18m.

Does 5x PS on Fri for 90m OD.

Bumps 50% on sat for 135m

Flat to 10% bump on sun for 135-148m. 

365-390m/$58-60m OW

Hold -60% or better on monday

better than -10% hold on tues

it needs to bump sunday and tues if it wants to exceed $300m

Otherwise, If I didn't know about @firedeeps intel on buzz I would project Rampages OW to be $25-30m

Annihilation's PS still not bumping with the norm and may fall short of $10m OW

• Like 4

On 4/9/2018 at 9:24 PM, ZeeSoh said:

3 days out

Rampage - 2.97 (+39.4%) (46k screens)

Annihilation - 2.22 (+16.2%) (21k screens)

2 days out

Rampage - 4.35 (+46.5%) (59.5k screens)

Annihilation - 2.59 (+16.6%) (27k screens)

Poor increases continue for Annihilation. As for Rampage I think its PS will be around 15 which will be around the same as Tomb Raider

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

2 days out

Poor increases continue for Annihilation. As for Rampage I think its PS will be around 15 which will be around the same as Tomb Raider

I think $45-50 ow and $140-160 total is a good target.

I think all these 150-300 mill numbers are a bit out there atp

There are absolutely ZERO indication of a breakout so far other than firedeep reporting about great responses at an early screening

This could easy do 30/55 also

When that is said i trust firedeep about the possebility and hope he`s right

8 minutes ago, fmpro said:

I think all these 150-300 mill numbers are a bit out there atp

There are absolutely ZERO indication of a breakout so far other than firedeep reporting about great responses at an early screening

This could easy do 30/55 also

When that is said i trust firedeep about the possebility and hope he`s right

Reading through some of the early reviews on Douban (albeit translated) I'm seeing majoritively 3/4 stars and a couple 5 stars. The 5 stars say Animal is cute, relationship between humans and animals is good and monsters look very real. Am also noticing a few people that seem to be implying that King Kong is in this movie... 

:kitschjob:

12 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Reading through some of the early reviews on Douban (albeit translated) I'm seeing majoritively 3/4 stars and a couple 5 stars. The 5 stars say Animal is cute, relationship between humans and animals is good and monsters look very real. Am also noticing a few people that seem to be implying that King Kong is in this movie... 

:kitschjob:

Many people 3/4 is good for the movie? Does that mean it won't be more than 9?

1 minute ago, Jaybee said:

Bare in mind this is only 180 reviews maximum. And the film has had very limited previews. Usually there's 20k+ reviews on Douban and anything greater than 8.5+ is very good for Douban, whereas on Maoyan anything above 9+ is generally very good. Douban typically lower than Maoyan.

7 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Bare in mind this is only 180 reviews maximum. And the film has had very limited previews. Usually there's 20k+ reviews on Douban and anything greater than 8.5+ is very good for Douban, whereas on Maoyan anything above 9+ is generally very good. Douban typically lower than Maoyan.

10 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

8 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Oh thanku for the info! So what's ur rating prediction for rampage in douban?

4 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

Oh thanku for the info! So what's ur rating prediction for rampage in douban?

Based on the ratings I'm seeing, it looks to be heading to 7.5 (average), but that could easily increase if the general audience love it as much as some users here think.

2 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Based on the ratings I'm seeing, it looks to be heading to 7.5 (average), but that could easily increase if the general audience love it as much as some users here think.

Oh thanku! I really hope it will atleast do more than San Andreas!

5 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

Oh thanku! I really hope it will atleast do more than San Andreas!

The important thing with these early reviews is that they're not all bad. That means there's potential to do very well, and at the very least it shouldn't bomb

5 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

The important thing with these early reviews is that they're not all bad. That means there's potential to do very well, and at the very least it shouldn't bomb

Yea, now that it's not going to have a great opening in USA (predicted around $35m), success of the movie is majorly dependant upon China now!

23 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

2 days out

1 day out

Rampage - 7.09 (+63%) (81k screens)

Annihilation - 3.35 (+29.3%) (38k screens)

Rampage probably wont hit 15m PS that Tomb Raider did. Without rating it is tough to predict the multipliers but TR had good multiplier on its OW so maybe Rampage misses that and comes in below $40m usd OW. On the other hand if rating is stellar like RPO then it may surprise and do 50m usd or more

Poor for Annihilation. May miss 10m usd on OW

23 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

1 day out

Rampage - 7.09 (+63%) (81k screens)

Annihilation - 3.35 (+29.3%) (38k screens)

Rampage probably wont hit 15m PS that Tomb Raider did. Without rating it is tough to predict the multipliers but TR had good multiplier on its OW so maybe Rampage misses that and comes in below $40m usd OW. On the other hand if rating is stellar like RPO then it may surprise and do 50m usd or more

Poor for Annihilation. May miss 10m usd on OW

Final PS

Rampage - 13.78 (+95%) (111k screens)

Annihilation - 5.46 (+63%) (55k screens)

Rampages PS is same as Tomb Raider so lets see if it can match the latters opening weekend which was around 41m usd I think. TR had very good internal OW multiplier so Rampage might find it difficult to do that if ratings are not good. But good news for Rampage is that it did about 33% more than TR in thursday previews so the demand is there. 

Poor increase for Annihilation. Everything now depends on ratings but it could come around 10m usd if ratings are average