Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

She’s super smart though. Better to have lower expectations and be surprised than shoot for the stars (Avatar) and land in the fiery pits of hell (insert flop movie by choice)

She's not smart at all. Most of the time, when she talks about box office, it seems like she doesn't know what she's talking about. I remember last year, she had the nerve to label SM: Homecoming as a "loser" but changed it a few weeks later when China numbers were in. Just this year, she doubted if BP will do much because she thinks that the movie has no rewatchability. And then she thought that IW's box office will be 'TLJ-ed' because according to her it is a TLJ-level divisive movie.

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

She's not smart at all. Most of the time, when she talks about box office, it seems like she doesn't know what she's talking about. I remember last year, she had the nerve to label SM: Homecoming as a "loser" but changed it a few weeks later when China numbers were in. Just this year, she doubted if BP will do much because she thinks that the movie has no rewatchability. And then she thought that IW's box office will be 'TLJ-ed' because according to her it is a TLJ-level divisive movie.

I hardly watched her youtube videos. However recently due to my browsing for AIW related videos, Youtube recommended one video clip of hers to me, where she ranked all 19 (or 18) MCU movies. BP was her second most fav, after Thor: Ragnorok.

It seems she keeps changing her takes and stances in order to pander to as wide audience as possible. It is not her exclusive shtick, most Youtube pundits do so too in order to maximize their view counts, aka, money.

• Like 1

I thinks grace knows that the most DC has “active” online social media fan base, while Marvel is more general audience. She knows who to pander to. 

That said, she has absolutely no idea what she’s saying here

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

Flame Mendelson, Grace and more all you want. The truth of the matter is they have not seen the data we have. They are probably just looking at Ultron/Civil War/Black Panther numbers and making a gut estimate from that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Durden said:

I do admire the courage of some people who are willfully and proudly display their stupidity on social media for everyone to see. That takes some gut. Not brains (none of it obviously) but definitely guts.

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Flame Mendelson, Grace and more all you want. The truth of the matter is they have not seen the data we have. They are probably just looking at Ultron/Civil War/Black Panther numbers and making a gut estimate from that.

I mean, to an extent I can sympathize, but — it’s not like they don’t have access to the data. They haven’t seen the data we have because they haven’t bothered to put in 10 minutes researching where to find good data, despite ostensibly* trying to make half-decent predictions.   

*Of course, the reason that she/they don’t have a clue is that they aren’t, actually, trying to make good predictions. They’re trying to draw eyeballs for dat ad money.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

What does that mean? Unexpected?

Its just amazing this far out. And a huge number compared to friday sales. If Maoyan gets over 9 reviews this will EXPLODE on saturday and they will have to add shows around the clock to keep up with demand

10 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Saturday just crossed 100 mill yuan :ohmyzod:

I hope Maoyan is partially down because the rate is low. Didnt update at all from 1230 to 1300. Then 1.6m from 1300-1330.

MN only ticked up 400k and should be running over 2m per hour

6 minutes ago, The Mad Titan said:

What does that mean? Unexpected?

Crazy high