Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

7 minutes ago, YLF said:

Theres no way infinity war gets lower than a 9 on maoyan. Its doing well in all the Asian markets and has high ratings scores. It had like an 8.5 on douban.

I have no idea how the Chinese moviegoers will react to the movie's ending. @POTUS @ZeeSoh @Proxima Olive are there any movies with sad endings that the Chinese rated high on Maoyan?

27 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I know I am being very conservative with my saturday numbers but on the other hand I think OD PS may come in even smaller than 180. Its 4:30 and PS is only up 13.6%. Usually I have seen over the past 2 days that midpoint for PS is 5pm. 

So lets say it gets to 14.5% in the next half hour which will take it to 29% till midnight. Lets give an extra 6% till tomorrow morning for a total increase of 35% and a final PS of 173

With this PS the number then becomes 

MN - 65

OD- 430

Sat - 540 (25% jump)

Sun - 380

=============

Total - 1415 Yuan or $222m USD

But I hope you are right about the walk up and a higher OD multi part

Midnights also needs to pop to get to 65 mill. Only doing 1 mill/hour atm

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I know I am being very conservative with my saturday numbers but on the other hand I think OD PS may come in even smaller than 180. Its 4:30 and PS is only up 13.6%. Usually I have seen over the past 2 days that midpoint for PS is 5pm. 

So lets say it gets to 14.5% in the next half hour which will take it to 29% till midnight. Lets give an extra 6% till tomorrow morning for a total increase of 35% and a final PS of 173

With this PS the number then becomes 

MN - 65

OD- 430

Sat - 540 (25% jump)

Sun - 380

=============

Total - 1415 Yuan or $222m USD

But I hope you are right about the walk up and a higher OD multi part

Aside from CNY I've never seen a movie bump just 30% on the last day of PS.  WC at 48% was the lowest. It should pick up speed. Last half hour was was 1.6m.  Hopefully it gets well over 4m p/h soon 

• Like 1

I think OD presales are on catchup, I just saw it going at 10M per hour!!

Definitely something wrong with Maoyan though as it keeps freezing for a while and then playing catchup. Maybe IW broke it :D 

Edit: and just a couple minutes later it's frozen again at 149.1285m

Edited by feasby007
  • Like 1

Perhaps it is just a saturation problem which leads to potential spillover next couple of days. Does the average theater in China do seat selection. Saturday is continuing to steam ahead maybe because people are deferring from Friday for better seats. 

1 minute ago, eXtacy said:

Perhaps it is just a saturation problem which leads to potential spillover next couple of days. Does the average theater in China do seat selection. Saturday is continuing to steam ahead maybe because people are deferring from Friday for better seats. 

this is saturation graph for Friday: http://piaofang.maoyan.com/movie/248170/fullrate

58% of showings still have less than 10% of seats sold.

it could be that in the bigger cities the best showings and seats are sold out perhaps. which would correlate with Olive saying that smaller towns won't see this as much as FF8

For comparison, here's the OD saturation on Maoyan for MH2 and FF8. Ignore the bad translation of the numbers on the left.

FF8:

TOOfHiS.png

MH2:

vADDOVy.png

I think it's easy to see here that MH2 had much larger screens, as MH2 had a much larger OD.

Edited by feasby007

I just casually read a couple of box office message boards at Chinese Baidu (in Chinese). Quite a numbers of posters there prefer CBO over Maoyan, claiming that Maoyan often go into 恶意抽风 "malicious convulsion/seizures", while others still think Maoyan is better, chiding CBO for jacking up the numbers at times.

Edited by justvision

20 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

I think OD presales are on catchup, I just saw it going at 10M per hour!!

Definitely something wrong with Maoyan though as it keeps freezing for a while and then playing catchup. Maybe IW broke it :D 

Edit: and just a couple minutes later it's frozen again at 149.1285m

THANOW hammered Moyan lol throw a moon on the site :/

Up 20.8% at 7 pm or about 5.5% in the last 2 hours. Still not seeing more than 35% jump for today

About 20k screens have been added today so far and PS has risen 20% too. Seems like my guess was right. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Thanks 3

OD run rate climbing to 4.5m p/hr. Itll clear 180m, jury still out on 190m, needs to increase to 6m p/hr

MN at 2.2m p/hr and climbing. not sure if it'll reach 60m

Sat PS still running strong. CA3 bumped 37% from 180m to 248m. Large numbers for 2 years ago. Maybe 37% can happen here.

CA3's OD to OW ratio was 3.46.  IW  would need a 474m OD.  That would need a 2.56 PS multi on 185m. up to 2.75 could happen. I doubt its below 2.5 as PTA is not more saturated than FF8

$258m still in play.  $230m base just about locked

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 3

On 5/8/2018 at 12:15 PM, Gavin Feng said:

OW Pre-Sale Record

Monster Hunt 2 - ¥367M

The Fate of the Furious - ¥325M

Detective Chinatown - ¥238M

Avengers: Infinity War - ¥214M (58 hours before opening)

Transformers 5 - ¥201M

With about 370 so far, IW has broken the OW pre-sale record! 400 will happen. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1