Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

17 hours ago, feasby007 said:

I assume it's 58% didn't watch in cinema. Which would imply AIW was really big on home video/streaming/piracy? Do you know if any figures are available for that?

I'm pretty sure there is.  The way Infinity War was able to outperform all expectations in so many markets makes me suspect this.  I don't think IW was (primarily) drawing in people who'd never watched an MCU movie before, it had such a 'must see' factor that it was drawing in the people who used to wait to watch them/pirated them.  The assumption kinda was that IW was the entire MCU audience, but it would make sense that there'd be an even greater push to see Endgame in theaters.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

1.039m @ 11am CST -- April 7

10 straight days over IW highest day. 

If it keeps its current pass, it will pass IW on the 9th and the record on the 16th. The pace will pick up when presales are announced and will accelerate as we get closer to the date. I think 2 million is the minimum. Could get upwards of 2.5 million. 

1.098m @ 11am CST - April 8

11 straight days over IW highest day.

Infinity War (Final): 1.15m

Maoyan Record: 1.54m (Ipartment)

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

23 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

1.098m @ 11am CST - April 8

11 straight days over IW highest day.

Infinity War (Final): 1.15m

Maoyan Record: 1.54m (Ipartment)

1.161m @ 11am CST - April 9

12 straight days over IW highest day

At the latest, it should break the record (1.54m) by April 17th but it could definitely be sooner. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

EG 5 day 10% over first 5 days of IW in yuan. 5% over in dollars

Y1600m/$238m

Impressive. What would it take for you to see 250+ million? Is that dependent upon Maoyan score or other factors? 

Unreal to think it could outgross almost every Hollywood film in 5 days, what I also wonder is how fast the burn rate will be. Can it reach the same 1.88 legs or somehow do even better?

238 x 1.88 is 447.44 million which would be pretty monstrous and a huge increase over IW.

28 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Impressive. What would it take for you to see 250+ million? Is that dependent upon Maoyan score or other factors? 

Unreal to think it could outgross almost every Hollywood film in 5 days, what I also wonder is how fast the burn rate will be. Can it reach the same 1.88 legs or somehow do even better?

238 x 1.88 is 447.44 million which would be pretty monstrous and a huge increase over IW.

May be tough to go much higher with sunday being a workday, effectively making saturday a sunday. Also with a holiday after the weekend, many(non die hard-must see) will wait to see it then. Moviegoing has become a holiday tradition

Edited by POTUS 2020