Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:   

Having your initial presales slowed because theaters realize demand is so high that they need to freeze sales while they figure out how much to jack them up. I honestly couldn’t write anything so funny.

That's capitalism. USA needs to learn a thing or two from china. :sparta:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:   

Having your initial presales slowed because theaters realize demand is so high that they need to freeze sales while they figure out how much to jack them up. I honestly couldn’t write anything so funny.

More shocking, they're giving refunds to people who already bought tickets so they can re-sell them at a higher price!

If this was almost any other country there might be riots and/or lawsuits

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

More shocking, they're giving refunds to people who already bought tickets so they can re-sell them at a higher price!

If this was almost any other country there might be riots and/or lawsuits

Inb4 there’s legislation in response to this :ph34r:

37k shows for Opening day so far. Shall go for 75k easily by end of day. Infinity 11 days out ¥25mn om 66k shows, I won't be surprised to see this doing ¥30-35mn today itself.

The biggest pre-sales day for Infinity War was ¥50mn (final day) for just opening day. This might do that with midnights (if not Midnight + OD for sure).

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

50 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

What % of screens belong to Wanda Group? Is a significant uptick expected once they start the presales?

it upticked a few million when they started late on IW

32 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

Shouldn't that be like illegal?

communists. they do as they please.

Thursday really lagging at just 1.1m down 83% from OD, should be a 50% lag. could be PS preselling and high prices for OD or its a huge frontload.

typically a 30% drop would be seen from a wed OD, AoU was -33% from a tues OD.  this could 50%+

The US used to charge more for big movies in the 1930s.  they might bring that back after seeing the result here

Edited by POTUS 2020

15 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

What are the biggest Hollywood midnight grosses in ¥? New update gets it above Venom’s final midnight sales, right?

The Fate of the Furious - 62.71m

Infinity War - 59.49m
Furious 7 - 52.46m
Warcraft -  50.17m
TF5 - 42.14m
Age of Ultron - 29.73m
TF4 - 20.85m

CA3:CW - 16.95m

And yes Endgame is over Venom, Captain Marvel and Civil War (without ticketing fees). Only SH movies above it are Age of Ultron and Infinity War now. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The Fate of the Furious - 62.71m

Infinity War - 59.49m
Furious 7 - 52.46m
Warcraft -  50.17m
TF5 - 42.14m
Age of Ultron - 29.73m
TF4 - 20.85m

CA3:CW - 16.95m

And yes Endgame is over Venom, Captain Marvel and Civil War (without ticketing fees). Only SH movies above it are Age of Ultron and Infinity War now. 

Unfroze again, now above TF4 :hahaha:

• Thanks 1

And with OD at 10mn, Endgame has done more business today than the currently in release movies — Endgame opening week about 35mn, 4/12 business currently some 33.5mn.  

Still waiting on Wanda :rofl:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matthew said:

@Charlie Jatinder  How to see presales from maoyan app? I have downloaded it but can't understand how to see presales. 😔😔😔

On website. The numbers are in ¥ ('0000s).

http://piaofang.maoyan.com/dashboard?date=2019-04-23

Re app,

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

Sleep be damned. This is simply a demolishing of everything that might have conventionally been thought possible for first quarter day of presales.

@rishijoesanu 20 minutes

I was going to study just before pre-sales started. Now I am regretting why I opened forum during that time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2