Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

Just now, druv10 said:

More interesting thing is Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all within shouting distance of each other. Meaning it may not be as front loaded as people are saying it could be.

In the last trends I have to say sunday is gaining ground 'rapidly' we at 1.3m 1h ago now it's at 1.6m so % wise a good increase. Sat was behind friday but has now pulled ahead, it won't take long before it over takes Thursday. Thursday and friday are increasing at almost the same pase although friday is going a tad faster. As for MN and OD midnights are 40m so @firedeep was totaly right with 45m + OD is doing good but slowed down with 2h ago. 

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And 3 out of those will beat 72 hours presales of Infinity War opening day.

And MN, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat will all beat the hollywood presale record. Sunday might come 'close' 2.1m but won't get over 2.5m that it needs to break the record with all 6 of it's days.

1 minute ago, pepsa said:

In the last trends I have to say sunday is gaining ground 'rapidly' we at 1.3m 1h ago now it's at 1.6m so % wise a good increase. Sat was behind friday but has now pulled ahead, it won't take long before it over takes Thursday. Thursday and friday are increasing at almost the same pase although friday is going a tad faster. As for MN and OD midnights are 40m so @firedeep was totaly right with 45m + OD is doing good but slowed down with 2h ago. 

Man, I'm still stunned at this performance. Within 8 hrs it's midnight presales are over 40M. 40 fucking million, holy crap amazing OD presale performance!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Question for the experts: Let’s say this has a 9+ on Maoyan and does $220m 5-day opening. How much would we be looking at it to do over the next 7 days, with all of those holidays?

Note: I think it will do more than $220m opening, I’m just using it as an example number.

The mayoan score is crucial for EG. The second weekend is holiday and should have good drop with 9+

• Like 1

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Question - how on earth are people being forced to work on Sunday?

From what I understand they have to work on Sunday to compensate the Holidays on Wednesday, Thurday and Friday. 

So Sunday 28/04 is a work day and Sunday 12/05 will also be a workday (this last one I don't know for sure).

1 minute ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The mayoan score is crucial for EG. The second weekend is holiday and should have good drop with 9+

At this point EG is set to do over 1.05B WW opening weekend (not locked by any means btw) so it manages this big of an OW it's all down to WoM. That could be the difference between 2B total and 2.5B. This needs good WoM other wise even with an MN + OD of over 550m Yuan it will have a hard time going over $400m USD. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Question for the experts: Let’s say this has a 9+ on Maoyan and does $220m 5-day opening. How much would we be looking at it to do over the next 7 days, with all of those holidays?

Note: I think it will do more than $220m opening, I’m just using it as an example number.

@Charlie Jatinder

• Thanks 1

I feel confident EG will have over 9 on Maoyan. IW is at 9.0 currently and it started off being ratings bombed which dropped it to 7.9 right off the bat before correcting upwards win the real scores started coming in.

I’m saying 9.2

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

I feel confident EG will have over 9 on Maoyan. IW is at 9.0 currently and it started off being ratings bombed which dropped it to 7.9 right off the bat before correcting upwards win the real scores started coming in.

I’m saying 9.2

If it gets 9.2 a multi bigger than 2 should be very doable but I don't see that yet. 8.8 is what I am thinking.