Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$15 is bit too much also. I can watch 7 films in a month with that. Get Hotstar, Netflix, Prime and still save money to watch 2 films.

Yeah may be not that big deal from US pov, but considering from India pov, $15 for what? Some extra likes.

Yeah this makes sense, I don't know what the budgets are of people in india but if they are like the wages in Eastern Europe $430 per month or a wage from Belgium (where I live) $1900/month after taxes for a student comming out of college or Uni with no work experience. 

So yeah $15/month is  3.5% of total income in case 1 and only 0.8% in the second case.

So it's indeed a lot of money for extra likes.

Ps with $15 you can see 1.5 movies in Belgium if you are a student. And I think it's even worse in Germany. 

• Like 2

Btw me might still get the 2.5m Sunday, it needs 0.34m more, this would mean every day in it's OW would have beaten the previous Hollywood movie first day PS record. :ohmygod:

Edited by pepsa
  • Astonished 1

aehm, 15 is the most expensive version, you can choose a cheaper versions too. Plus: you can do it as a one time thing, matching to big events or so, than the likes something last for a month only 😉

The main reason to do so:

the forum has some thousands of dollar costs per year (there isa thread about exact numbers somewhere). Mods often chip in with their private money so the forum stays up, if the donations are not enough

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Yeah this makes sense, I don't know what the budgets are of people in india but if they are like the wages in Eastern Europe $430 per month or a wage from Belgium (where I live) $1900/month after taxes for a student comming out of college or Uni with no work experience. 

So yeah $15/month is  3.5% of total income in case 1 and only 0.8% in the second case.

So it's indeed a lot of money for extra likes.

Ps with $15 you can see 1.5 movies in Belgium if you are a student. And I think it's even worse in Germany. 

Approx Minimum wage rate in India is ₹150 approx per day i.e. $2 approx. 

• Sad 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

aehm, 15 is the most expensive version, you can choose a cheaper versions too. Plus: you can do it as a one time thing, matching to big events or so, than the likes something last for a month only 😉

The main reason to do so:

the forum has some thousands of dollar costs per year (there isa thread about exact numbers somewhere). Mods often chip in with their private money so the forum stays up, if the donations are not enough

Yep that why once I have my own money I want to support this community where I have had so much fun for over 5 years now (6 when you count lurking). Especialy because like I said before 15$ isn't as much for where I am from compared to other members who might not have it as good.

I just checked for IMAX in Belgium (Don't know if Ultra Laser means IMAX but I guess) the most expensive seats are  $20 and honestly thats a lot for one movie. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Yep that why once I have my own money I want to support this community where I have had so much fun for over 5 years now (6 when you count lurking). Especialy because like I said before 15$ isn't as much for where I am from compared to other members who might not have it as good.

I just checked for IMAX in Belgium (Don't know if Ultra Laser means IMAX but I guess) the most expensive seats are  $20 and honestly thats a lot for one movie. 

Endgame will have $20 tickets here in IMAX.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Approx Minimum wage rate in India is ₹150 approx per day i.e. $2 approx. 

Damm honestly this makes me sad :( It is insane to think people have to survive with 2$ per day. Honestly I knew a lot of peole live with that small of a wage but everytime you read such thing it still feels bad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Damm honestly this makes me sad :( It is insane to think people have to survive with 2$ per day. Honestly I knew a lot of peole live with that small of a wage but everytime you read such thing it still feels bad. 

Yeah but then if you think, the person earning ₹150 can have a meal for one time at ₹30 or $0.5 for one time.

Inflation rate in India is relatively very less for everything. A Lays chip packet cost $0.3 only, its $2 in US of last I heard.

Also that ₹150 I said is absolute minimum. The normal rate would be ₹300-400 approx thats still less though. 

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

3 hours later, deed is done. :) 

What's the next MCU total we can reasonably expect to beat with Pre-sales? Looking on BoM Thor and CA:TFA didn't release in China, IM2 and Hulk made a lot less than IM

The next lowest grossing MCU movie seems to be Thor The Dark Worlds $55mil not sure what that would be in lc though.

5 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

What's the next MCU total we can reasonably expect to beat with Pre-sales? Looking on BoM Thor and CA:TFA didn't release in China, IM2 and Hulk made a lot less than IM

The next lowest grossing MCU movie seems to be Thor The Dark Worlds $55mil not sure what that would be in lc though.

Hulk ¥60mn

CA:TFA ¥69mn

Thor ¥98mn

Iron Man 2 ¥175mn

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

$15 is bit too much also. I can watch 7 films in a month with that. Get Hotstar, Netflix, Prime and still save money to watch 2 films.

Yeah may be not that big deal from US pov, but considering from India pov, $15 for what? Some extra likes.

I'm curious if Disney will combine Hotstar and Disney+ in India.