Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Hahahaha that doesn’t even feel real but it is 🤣

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

lol seriously the little green line looks like a mistake

If it would have gone a little steeper I would have mistaken it for a straigth line just to mark a date 😂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

1.312m @ 11am CST - April 11

14 days straight over IW highest day.

IW Total: 1.15m

Ipartment Total (Record): 1.54m

1.483m @ 11am CST - April 12

15 days straight over IW highest day.

2nd biggest increase for Endgame and 2nd biggest increase ever on Maoyan. Will break the record tomorrow!

IW total: 1.15m

Record (Ipartment): 1.54m

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I am not saying these are my predictions or something but what is the ceiling for Endgame. Can we actually see $500mn or a better ¥3.5 Billion in total.

I mean yeah, we know sequels get better pre-sales but not to the scale that you break the midnight record in just one day pre-sales, that when A:IW itself was a beast. You don't match 15-16 days of pre-sales in less than one day. There must be big bump in full run as well.

Said that, unlike TFA or say even A:IW, Endgame isn't weak anywhere so far. Pre-sales record have toppled in countries where superheroes aren't a force like Europe and beating Star Wars, lemme correct, slaughtering TFA in pre-sales in USA when IW did barely Rogue One numbers.

Let's not even talk about Asia , nothing else is even close.

What I am going to say, are we finally going to see Avatar down. I know its crazy with all those factors against, (I know, no need to repeat them) it. But it's time we shall start considering it.

Its not TFA, which is negligible in East. It's not IW which is not that big in Europe. 

It's mixture of both, or even better.

My thoughts have been similar.  By the metrics we have, this is crushing every movie we can compare it to.  Presales, social media, the fact that fricken cast interviews are going #1 on YouTube trending- it's all crazy. 

I think people are shying away from the obvious conclusion from all of this because it's just to much to contemplate.  It's too far beyond what we know for people to be comfortable with.  I honestly have no idea how far this thing can go with fantastic reception.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Honestly...what the hell

Okayyyy not sure if you react for the extreme situation or bcs not realising that the bright green steep line is the Endgame sales line bcs she can get mixed up as a separation line as well?

5 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

They won't. Bob Iger was very particular that he wants to keep it a la carte.

Didn't he also say there would be discounts for packaging.   +Hulu + ESPN + Disney+ 

Really, a good combo $ on that or even Hulu + Disney would have me drop my Netflix

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Didn't he also say there would be discounts for packaging.   +Hulu + ESPN + Disney+ 

Really, a good combo $ on that or even Hulu + Disney would have me drop my Netflix

No bundling as of now. He said he'll wait for consumer response before deciding on it

So what do you guys think it's more impressive, its each OW day beating the previous 24 hour record in 12 hours on an OW that has 4 workdays or the idea that it'll beat FF8's midnight gross likely in less than 24 hours of presales? 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, IceFire9yt said:

My thoughts have been similar.  By the metrics we have, this is crushing every movie we can compare it to.  Presales, social media, the fact that fricken cast interviews are going #1 on YouTube trending- it's all crazy. 

I think people are shying away from the obvious conclusion from all of this because it's just to much to contemplate.  It's too far beyond what we know for people to be comfortable with.  I honestly have no idea how far this thing can go with fantastic reception.

Since this is unprecedented levels of presales, it's an outlier in all extrapolation models. So, it's better to be conservative and anticipate heavy frontloading

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Chinese poster seem not to think so????

I don't think @Olive or @Gavin Feng denied possibility of $300mn 5 days yet.

If it get 9.2+ on Maoyan and ¥550-600mn OD + MN, I don't see how it's gonna fail hittng ¥2bn in 5 days.

125-150

425-450

275-300

350-400

450-500

225-275

1850-2075 i.e. $290-310mn.

Remember with 9.2+ score 

• Like 2