Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In that case, The wandering Earth already has that record.

True in a way with the 6 day, but that's not HLWD movie opening big in all territories with an international weekend report that groups in 3, 4, and 5 day weekends

2 minutes ago, POTUS 2020 said:

True in a way with the 6 day, but that's not HLWD movie opening big in all territories with an international weekend report that groups in 3, 4, and 5 day weekends

how much money chinese movie get for the studios there ? 50% like dom ?

Edited by john2000

16 minutes ago, john2000 said:

so the same as hollywood movies .hm... weird

Oh sorry you said chinese movies they get more. I misread your comment. I don't know exact % but its greater than 50% I think

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, feasby007 said:

I thought it was Fabio! 

For some reason I always get him and fmpro mixed up :P 

But yeah, I remember when the China thread used to consist primarily of Fabio the pessimist, POTUS the optimist and Olive the realist 😂

How about ZeeSoh? Isn't he/she a regular at the presales thread? Although I don't think I'm seeing him/her a lot these days.

1 minute ago, UserHN said:

How about ZeeSoh? Isn't he/she a regular at the presales thread? Although I don't think I'm seeing him/her a lot these days.

@ZeeSoh is great. He doesn't under predict nor over predict. Most prediction are realistic. Then you have Fabio at one side extremism even if data suggests it will do it he will say no until after the movie achieves something. Then at other extreme you have POTUS over enthusiast the max predictor. Others are normal I guess

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, UserHN said:

Ah yes! How could I forget about her (don't know if him/her, I've always assumed her - I don't know why!). She provides fantastic analysis and records for presales, tracking almost every Hollywood movie daily in their presale runs (although slightly less now Charlie has taken over). 

1 hour ago, UserHN said:

1 hour ago, Nero said:

@ZeeSoh is great. He doesn't under predict nor over predict. Most prediction are realistic. Then you have Fabio at one side extremism even if data suggests it will do it he will say no until after the movie achieves something. Then at other extreme you have POTUS over enthusiast the max predictor. Others are normal I guess

1 hour ago, feasby007 said:

Ah yes! How could I forget about her (don't know if him/her, I've always assumed her - I don't know why!). She provides fantastic analysis and records for presales, tracking almost every Hollywood movie daily in their presale runs (although slightly less now Charlie has taken over). 

Him. :P Although I can understand the confusion with my Hela avatar. But I've been a Cate fan ever since I saw her play Galadriel. 

I've been under the weather so largely have been lurking for past few days now. And yeah there are already so many people tracking and analyzing this. But the other movies, people are not so interested to track so I track those. Besides I've avoided giving any predictions because this, with its 5 days OW and record breaking PS run, is new territory. And I generally avoid making predictions like the wild and super optimistic predictions there are in these thread. So I  am waiting till the last day when all the data is available to analyze. 

• Like 4
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

ok, i'll see you and raise you

With an OD Wed it effectively has two fridays.  Thursday and Sunday will be like summer weekdays(50% stronger than normal weekdays) and Saturday will be like a summer sunday(just 10% less than a normal Saturday) This combination takes down a normal Friday thru Tuesday that IW had

@fmpro you've been quiet

giphy.gif

Yeah. Time has been limited. You and @Charlie Jatinder have been doing a great job in this thread recently and i have been agreeing with you most times so there have been no need.

Floor should be 250 mill 5day IMO

• Thanks 2