Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

22 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

The Lion King (5 days Out)

Midnight - 720k

OD - 4.21m (42329 shows)

Sat - 3.07m

Sun - 2.29m

Very good jump today especially for OD. Early to tell but possibly heading to a PS in the 30's region. Could go higher into the 40's if the increases continues to be as big as this. 

The Lion King (4 days Out)

Midnight - 782k

OD - 4.93m (+17.1%) (46254 shows)

Sat - 3.35m

Sun - 2.50m

A very small jump today after the excellent increase yesterday. Nothing to panic about but I hope the rate increases as another day like this would be bad for the final PS. A great increase tomorrow would be in the 50's percentage range, good would be 40's and a 30's increase would be not good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Midnight - 782k

Sat - 3.35m

Sun - 2.50m

A very small jump today after the excellent increase yesterday. Nothing to panic about but I hope the rate increases as another day like this would be bad for the final PS. A great increase tomorrow would be in the 50's percentage range, good would be 40's and a 30's increase would be not good. 

Any idea why the bump was so small today after the much larger increase yesterday? Seems odd.

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Any idea why the bump was so small today after the much larger increase yesterday? Seems odd.

At first I thought it could be due to the relatively few show times added today but then I checked other movies with similar short PS runs and they too had relatively few shows added today and still managed better increases. So perhaps it could be that its compensating for the big increase yesterday. We'll see tomorrow if today was just an outlier or if it has actually slowed down.

2 hours ago, GrandierHorror said:

Is something wrong with maoyan. It's Monday already and Lion King OD is only 5.2m. 

Has to be. There’s no way it was having typical increases and then 17% and now 7%.

@Olive Any idea what’s going on? If it’s not a Maoyan issue, what happened that caused the big change in presales?

Edited by VenomXXR

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Has to be. There’s no way it was having typical increases and then 17% and now 7%.

Yeah, no movie goes through this type of presale without any variable of hype. 

17 minutes ago, UserHN said:

So no more $60M OW?

Assuming the current Maoyan PS has fully corrected itself and will behave normally from here, final OD PS probably 25ish. Call it x15 for $55M or so (though x17+ for $60M+ would still be possible depending on reception). If Maoyan’s current 6.1 is still off, then 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Thanos Legion

10 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Assuming the current Maoyan PS has fully corrected itself and will behave normally from here, final OD PS probably 25ish. Call it x15 for $55M or so (though x17+ for $60M+ would still be possible depending on reception). If Maoyan’s current 6.1 is still off, then 🤷‍♂️

Since it's a problem with Maoyan and not exactly with the movie, maybe it can recover after release if the debut is lower than it could because of that. 

44 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

what 6,1 ? its score ? or you are saying something else ?

On 7/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Midnight - 782k

Sat - 3.35m

Sun - 2.50m

The Lion King (3 days Out)

Midnight - 1.56m

OD - 6.00m (+21.7%) (54445 shows)

Sat - 3.91m

Sun - 2.62m

I dont know what's going on, if Maoyan has messed up, if the numbers have self corrected or if they are still messed up. But if the numbers are accurate, then this was a terrible jump. The lowest I think I have seen for a Monday. Again if the numbers are accurate or have self corrected by now then a final PS in the 30's let alone the 40's seems out of question. Typically looking at these numbers I would say an OW in the mid 50's is the most likely range but at this point who knows what is going on so I am not gonna predict the OW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

The Lion King (3 days Out)

Midnight - 1.56m

OD - 6.00m (+21.7%) (54445 shows)

Sat - 3.91m

Sun - 2.62m

I dont know what's going on, if Maoyan has messed up, if the numbers have self corrected or if they are still messed up. But if the numbers are accurate, then this was a terrible jump. The lowest I think I have seen for a Monday. Again if the numbers are accurate or have self corrected by now then a final PS in the 30's let alone the 40's seems out of question. Typically looking at these numbers I would say an OW in the mid 50's is the most likely range but at this point who knows what is going on so I am not gonna predict the OW. 

sorry i hope you dont mind , but what is the 6,1 everyone is talking about ?

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

what 6,1 ? its score ? or you are saying something else ?

There’s no score yet. 6.1 is what Maoyan is currently displaying for Lion King’s opening day presales. There’s some question as to whether this is accurate, too low, or too high, since it seems like they screwed up Sat and then Sun and Mon looked weird while they were adjusting.

• Like 1

Lots of cinemas overestimated TLK and opened too many showings, and the initial presales which is related to the number of showings is inaccurate, so it needs some time for presales to catch up. Currently the presales number could be either accurate or too high, but not too low imo.

But on the other hand, with this large number of showings it should have lots of walk-ins and do decent during the weekend.