Olive

Presales Tracking Thread(Maoyan, Taopiaopiao etc)

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

it needs to hit 10m PS tomorrow. double every day until release. 1B Yuan, OW needs to be 500m and so needs 160m OD FTFY and minimum 40m PS. Let us see how things go. what does @POTUS 2020 think?

That PS run sounds about right if its got a shot a billion.  Gavin thinks that the shift to a female lead may hurt it.

Wasnt T5 just 700m? A lot of sequels have failed to improve in the last 4 years

• Like 1

We'll see what the Chinese audience thinks of course, but the WoM so far seems to be good (compared to T3,4,5) but not great (compared to 1,2). If that's the consensus in this market as well it won't be enough to make up for a soft opening.

6 hours ago, POTUS 2020 said:

That PS run sounds about right if its got a shot a billion.  Gavin thinks that the shift to a female lead may hurt it.

Wasnt T5 just 700m? A lot of sequels have failed to improve in the last 4 years

if this does not break out in China with James Cameron producing it, its bad news. Even Battle Angel did very well in China despite disappointing almost everywhere and this I thought is easier sell.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

if this does not break out in China with James Cameron producing it, its bad news. Even Battle Angel did very well in China despite disappointing almost everywhere and this I thought is easier sell.

Alita is far better than this one, though I don't like it either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Alita would have still done almost as much without Cameron producing imo. It felt like the sort of good movie that China often appreciates more than DOM.