CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Audience feedback has been mixed, but is certainly better than where critics are at. The CinemaScore grade was a so-so B, although the largest groups (males and over-25s) both gave a B-. Past DC Comics movies like Green Lantern and Catwoman also earned an overall B grade.

Sometimes I wonder if Gitesh has been in the game too long. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

True.

If Universal's monster universe gets off the ground, they will be in good shape atleast for the foreseeable future:

Illumination Entertainment

F&F

Jurassic Park

Bourne

Fifty Shades

Fox has a bit less to work with but Avatar and X-men should be strong. Independence Day is probably essential for them. 

Sony and Paramount are really hurting. 

RE: Fox, I think Alien and Predator are one good movie away from solid business. Also, Planet of the Apes is a decent player. Blue Sky is solid OS. And well, there's Dreamworks Animation I guess.

My new Civil War prediction is 175/450. It'll be interesting to see if it can cross AOU.

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Eh........ IMO more like 150-190m. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'll say 160-200M

Bold ranges right here!

• Like 1

I don't think any studio is gonna be able to compete with Disney in terms of IPOs and franchises. Let's not forget that Disney is a full-on brand (one that produces family-friendly product primarily now that they seem to have shuttered Touchstone), while the rest are just studios that produce movies (yeah, Universal is in the theme park business too but they're still mainly a movie studio that puts all different kinds of stuff).

• Like 2

Just now, filmlover said:

I don't think any studio is gonna be able to compete with Disney in terms of IPOs and franchises. Let's not forget that Disney is a full-on brand (one that produces family-friendly product primarily now that they seem to have shuttered Touchstone), while the rest are just studios that produce movies (yeah, Universal is in the theme park business too but they're still mainly a movie studio that puts all different kinds of stuff).

For once I agree with you filmlover.

7 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Only Ice Age. Peanuts Movie made over half its WW gross domestically.

Rio is a giant OS as well.