CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

22 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Omg haha.  It gets worse:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_vs_superman/warner-bros-respond-to-batman-v-supermans-success-theres-a-a132701

DC FANBOYS are going havoc against this  on CBM.

I'm sure that the disconnect between the critics and the general audience is the reason why this thing has the same Cinemascore than Catwoman and Green Lantern, Goldstein.  :sadben:

Fanboys on that site are terrible.

"900 million to break even" lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

I was about to suggest that WB (and other studios) could create original franchises, but then I realised how absurd that notion was in this day and age.

It really isn't an absurd notion. Potter for example.

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

It really isn't an absurd notion. Potter for example.

Based on an overwhelmingly popular book series you would've had to live in a cave not to have heard of.

Edited by filmlover

4 hours ago, AndyLL said:

I'm a little confused on how this is the critics fault.  They didn't make the movie.

Reactions are based on personal expectations.

For a certain segment of moviegoers expectations were  sky high... not just BO wise but BvS was going to be a shinning kickoff to the DCMU.

Another segment of moviegoers were fearful that their universe was being challenged.

Yes 170 is huge and WB will make truck fulls of money but WE don't get that money.

We only have the validation of our predictions and hopes for our favorite franchises.

I am a little confused by all the talk that this has been the worst week on the forums.

AOU weekend was much, much worst.  The highs of the Marvel fans when it looked like AOU was going win 1st, the preview record, and 2nd the OW weekend record and than the glee of the DC fans when it crumbled Saturday night was brutal.

I do feel there are much more DC fans here than Marvel fans so maybe this weekend has been tougher for more of the forum.

I agree and I probably worded it wrong. The RT score made people feel some type of way. Not blaming the critics for not liking the movie. But that doesn't change the fact that the score has people in their feelings. Then comes the arguing on whether or not it's justified. Just a lot of bitterness and frustration all around. Makes watching the box office secondary and sort of anti climactic.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Based on an overwhelmingly popular book series you would've had to live in a cave not to have heard of.

Yes. One of the best ways for a studio to build a franchise. License or buy an IP.

See Bob Iger. See Bob Iger win.

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Birth of Sandman is amazing. I don't know who did the music here, Elfman or his replacement but the score is aces in this scene and the CGI still holds up.(as it did for doc ocks tentacles)

Christopher Young, whose work on Spider-Man 3 is really underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGOgzmatsgA

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

What in incredible success for WB and DC. WB showed once more that they are marketing kings and have superior strategy over Disney as BvS claimed the highest SH opening of all time globally.

Also BvS will likely to hit 1 billion WW with only one film leading up to it opposed to Marvel's strategy to build up to Avengers with mediocre film doing  mediocre numbers. Future is looking bright for DC as the potential for standalone Batman and WW film is promising whereas IM and TA is loosing steam.

What is even more encouraging for DC that the success came with average films. MoS was no better than your average Marvel vehicle and BvS is no improvement either. Imagine when DC will get it right...I'm looking at you Suicide Squad. 

Now waiting for for the meltdown when Civil War fails to open higher than BvS...

• Like 2

• Community Manager

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Critics hated it.

Fanboy critics and many DC fans think it's a mixed bag.

The GA thinks its good. BOT mostly likes it.

The reaction on BOT is pretty mixed actually. There are those who love it and those who hate it. 

• Like 1