CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

9 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Who gets to determine if a franchise is "good" or "bad"? You guys get so silly sometimes.

4) box office success

3) critical success and/or fandom satisfaction

2) pop culture dominance

1) and most importantly, the quality of memes :sadben:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, Cavill was a no name before this series, unlike Affleck or Eisenberg or Adams. If anyone's in danger of having their career stalled somewhat from this franchise's not-quite-sterling reputation, it's him.

Even he should be fine. He's a good looking dude who's a decent actor. He'll get work

13 minutes ago, 75live said:

so this got the biggest WW OW of any comic book movie too.  impressive, but next weekend's drop is really what I am waiting for now

it's only going to make 25 million. calling it now

• Community Manager
Just now, moviesRus said:

LOL he had a cameo. 

A cameo where he had to get into costume and go in a water tank as they took multiple shots. It probably took him a whole day. I could be wrong ofc.

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Even he should be fine. He's a good looking dude who's a decent actor. He'll get work

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'s flopping didn't make him seen as being a bankable movie star outside superhero pics, and the schedule of these movies (assuming they soldier on as planned) will keep him busy for a while until the next reboot. However, his "Classic Hollywood" good looks and reasonably solid acting talent that you wouldn't be able to tell he has from these movies should keep him around even if this Superman thing ends up not panning out.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

My friend says the AMC 16 in Paramus, NJ is completely packed

Here's why.

From deadline 

Typically, New York and LA put up the best theater openings for tentpoles, but looking atBvS’s top grossing venues indicates the film played strong across the nation: NYC’s AMC Empire played the title 53 times over the last two days, grossing $528K, but ranking second was The Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ, taking $279K on Friday and Saturday. At third was Burbank’s AMC with $291K, followed by San Antonio’s Santikos Palladium Imax at $279K and Regal’s Atlantic Station in Atlanta with $274K.

Edited by 5upe5

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

I wonder what Kevin Smith thinks of BvS

His partner on Fatman on Batman teared the movie apart quite bluntly on his mini review posted two days ago. Kevin will talk about it too in a live even they will be podcasting, but if I know Kevin and I've been following him for quite some time, just like Marc his highlights will be Batman and Wonder Woman.

i'm posting his video on the review thread if you're interested.

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.'s flopping didn't make him seen as being a bankable movie star outside superhero pics, and the schedule of these movies (assuming they soldier on as planned) will keep him busy for a while until the next reboot. However, his "Classic Hollywood" good looks and reasonably solid acting talent that you wouldn't be able to tell he has from these movies should keep him around even if this Superman thing ends up not panning out.

Probably will fare better than Brandon Routh.

Arrow-The-ATOM-Suit-Brandon-Routh.jpg

Oh wait, Brandon Routh is in the far superior Arrowverse? NVM.

• Like 1

Wondering if WB released two different versions around the country randomly and now they are sitting back laughing.

U.N.C.L.E. failed because no Soderbergh. Not the actors. Reboot is in order.

5 minutes ago, 5upe5 said:

Here's why. 

Typically, New York and LA put up the best theater openings for tentpoles, but looking atBvS’s top grossing venues indicates the film played strong across the nation: NYC’s AMC Empire played the title 53 times over the last two days, grossing $528K, but ranking second was The Garden State Plaza in Paramus, NJ, taking $279K on Friday and Saturday. At third was Burbank’s AMC with $291K, followed by San Antonio’s Santikos Palladium Imax at $279K and Regal’s Atlantic Station in Atlanta with $274K.

Juggernaut.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I thought he was great. Equal to any version to date of the character.

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Probably will fare better than Brandon Routh.

Arrow-The-ATOM-Suit-Brandon-Routh.jpg

Oh wait, Brandon Routh is in the far superior Arrowverse? NVM.

This brings up a good point: just bring in Greg Berlanti and have him take over the DCCU.

• Like 1