CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

16 minutes ago, jb007 said:

+1

BvS has out opened TDKR domestic also, but will fall short by $70 to 80M in total.

BTW, AOU's OS-C OW (including later than 4/22-24 releases) is 264.07 M

Total Gross - C = 706.3

Multiplier = 2.67

So a 2.54 multiplier,  I have used for OS-C is reasonable and that would give BvS OS-C 197 x 2.54 = 500.

It isn't like I just threw some numbers without any analysis.

Yeah you did just that. Threw some numbers. Because you have no clue at all how it will do. None of us do. And yeah with 424 million after 4 days. It can easily pass a billion dollars in its lifetime in the theaters around the world. Its easy to see its your negative bias towards the movie speaking through these numbers you just "threw" up

1 minute ago, mredman said:

Yeah you did just that. Threw some numbers. Because you have no clue at all how it will do. None of us do. And yeah with 424 million after 4 days. It can easily pass a billion dollars in its lifetime in the theaters around the world. Its easy to see its your negative bias towards the movie speaking through these numbers you just "threw" up

And yet, he's providing numbers. They're reasonable. It might not end up like that, but it's certainly possible. And it's completely fine to take a pessimistic view, if you think the reviews/reaction will keep its legs short. 

• Like 4

Huge OW in Russia: ~550 millions of Rubles. Not official number, yet.

For comparison:

MOS - RUB 341 m

TDKR - RUB 573 m

Harry Potter and DH part 1 - RUB 394 m

Also, in some big cities the release was delayed for one day. It should be taken into account too.

Best result in history belongs to Deadpool - RUB 941.5 m.

Latest SW - RUB 879 m.

Edited by White as Snow
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mredman said:

Yeah you did just that. Threw some numbers. Because you have no clue at all how it will do. None of us do.

He's providing numbers based on history. An educated guess.

Welcome to BO predictions... You should really stop with the aggressiveness.

Edited by Clef Ment
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, mredman said:

Bias is your inability to let others have an opinion that is not yours. Jb007 has been around way longer than you and is a decent predictor of film like most of the old timers on this board. If you want to stick around here (in other words not doing something to get yourself banned) you best start realizing that you don't have a monopoly on understanding how the numbers work. It is a reasonable guess to look at that total opening figure, realize that the film has limited (or none since I haven't looked I'm not sure) places left to open and make judgment calls based on past precedent. 

And if it were easy to make 1b then the club wouldn't be quite so exclusive. Will BvS make it, probably but there is just as strong an argument for it to not. Get a life man and chill. 

• Like 8

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

Excuse me? You think Cavill should be more scared than Momoa or whoever is that dude that is playing Cyborg? Lol.

Isn't Momoa in some auteur movie this year? Or something biggish. And yeah, I guess I feel a little bad for the Cyborg guy but eh

Is it me or are DC fans (or just fans of this movie) much more hostile than most fandoms?

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with wanting to see the DC unit have an unqualified success for once, but still.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 6

I think one of the most annoying thing about big movies and this board is the "riffraff" that comes in to see the opening weekend (or in SW7s case the first couple of months) and browbeat everyone with their arrogance only to leave once the film is not the flavor of the week anymore..... At least some of the regulars I can give deference to because they stick around and contribute year around and their craziness is part of who we are, the rest is like the drunk that stumbles into an open party and leaves a mess but no tip for the waitstaff.... 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

So you mash up a repeat of the nameless alien mook army from Avengers 1 with a half-baked underdeveloped Joker subplot that doesn't really amount to anything other than a BS twist inserted simply to have a BS twist.

Hey man, did you ever know I wrote a Man of Steel 2 when MoS came out? It's true. All of it.

6 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I think one of the most annoying thing about big movies and this board is the "riffraff" that comes in to see the opening weekend (or in SW7s case the first couple of months) and browbeat everyone with their arrogance only to leave once the film is not the flavor of the week anymore..... At least some of the regulars I can give deference to because they stick around and contribute year around and their craziness is part of who we are, the rest is like the drunk that stumbles into an open party and leaves a mess but no tip for the waitstaff.... 

I know, it's like some of these people be like:

tumblr_inline_moxe2u74YP1qz4rgp.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is it me or are DC fans (or just fans of this movie) much more hostile than most fandoms?

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with wanting to see the DC unit have an unqualified success for once, but still.

I wouldn't generalize all DC fans. There are nutcases in ever fan base. I mean every last one of them.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, Sam said:

I see that some people still have no chills.

It's that one guy that keeps going in. I don't think he has any chill. Mods will have to intervene.

• Like 2

With big movies there's often early word on sunday either late at night or early-ish monday morning from one outlet or another.  We won't have to wait until afternoon pacific for  actuals to find out generally how today went.

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

It's that one guy that keeps going in. I don't think he has any chill. Mods will have to intervene.

E! I miss you. How you been?