CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

There were no Summer Olympics in 2010. It was 2008 and then 2012

Ahh you are correct. It was actually the World Cup. :lol: Threw me for a loop because that was the first time I think we saw the World Cup actually have a big impact on the domestic BO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is definitely a strong opening all things considered (the poor reviews, the polarizing reception to Man of Steel, introducing a new Batman without a proper origin story less than half a decade after the most iconic version of the character said farewell), but yeah, I get the feeling WB wanted more.

It sounds like an excuse but what WB probably wants from this movie goes beyond its own box office numbers. We'll only know if BVS was really successful next year with Wonder Woman and Justice League.

Do people think Justice League will increase from this? I'd be curious to hear some reasoning. Can't really think of a reason it would. I suppose if it were excellent...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Ahh you are correct. It was actually the World Cup. :lol: Threw me for a loop because that was the first time I think we saw the World Cup actually have a big impact on the domestic BO.

I want to say it had around 20 million plus viewers so probably sizable not sure it should have been that big of an impact to estimates since the game aired pretty early

Edited by MrPink

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

It sounds like an excuse but what WB probably wants from this movie goes beyond its own box office numbers. We'll only know if BVS was really successful next year with Wonder Woman and Justice League.

I hope Wonder Woman does great and Justice League drops big from BvS. That would send the correct message to WB IMHO.

• Like 4

Just now, Chewy said:

Do people think Justice League will increase from this? I'd be curious to hear some reasoning. Can't really think of a reason it would. I suppose if it were excellent...

If SS and WW are very well received it will boost JL a lot.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

If SS and WW are very well received it will boost JL a lot.

SS is like GotG. Not a lot of connections right now.

I hope WW gets good reviews and an epic mkt campaign. I feel that it can beat MoS in America.

• Like 3

Lol, so I guess it'll be too far to fudge it over 170M. Or maybe the  WB people just does not have the skills of Paramount.

Oh well, they got their record headlines all over yesterday so that should be enough.

Just now, CJohn said:

I hope WW gets good reviews and an epic mkt campaign. I feel that it can beat MoS in America.

Needs to move I think, that summer is a clusterfuck

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I can't imagine anybody looking forward to Justice League. How many times can WB/DC pull the same wool over people's eyes?

Green Lantern - fool me once, shame on you

MOS - fool me twice, shame on me

BvS - three strikes, you're out

Justice League - FOAD

Seriously, who would look forward to Justice League after those three attempted failures to start the DCEU? (With GL being so bad that they even retconned it out of the DCEU.)

They really think people are stupid enough to buy tickets to Justice League? Seriously, fuck off and die WB.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kitik said:

I can't imagine anybody looking forward to Justice League. How many times can WB/DC pull the same wool over people's eyes?

Green Lantern - fool me once, shame on you

MOS - fool me twice, shame on me

BvS - three strikes, you're out

Justice League - FOAD

Seriously, who would look forward to Justice League after those three attempted failures to start the DCEU? (With GL being so bad that they even retconned it out of the DCEU.)

They really think people are stupid enough to buy tickets to Justice League? Seriously, fuck off and die WB.

Slow down there Chief

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A part of me actually wants Snyder to stay on Justice League just to see how it would all turn out. For certain, we would hear reports of some boos if he showed up at Comic-Con or wherever.

Lmao, I hope that happens. I would laugh pretty hard.

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Nope, right now that's probably getting 130/300 as long as BVS doesn't collapse. 

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

No way in hell is WW opening anywhere near 165. Not a snowball's chance.