Jump to content
CaptainJackSparrow

Skull Island | 258 mil OS - 392 mil WW

Recommended Posts

My expectations have lowered significantly. I don't think this will touch $300 million overseas, even with China. With BatB's performance so far, the drops are looking to be too severe.

 

Edited by NoobSaibot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NoobSaibot said:

My expectations have lowered significantly. I don't think this will touch $300 million overseas, even with China. With BatB's performance so far, the drops are looking to be too severe.

 

This has a shot at like 150m in China alone. I would think 150m from the other territories would be a easy given. I see 350-400 OS.

Edited by Cookson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cookson said:

This has a shot at like 150m in China alone. I would think 150m from the other territories would be a easy given. I see 350-400 OS.

 

Looking back on my post, you're probably right. I wasn't in the best of moods when I typed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 6:18 PM, Cookson said:

This has a shot at like 150m in China alone. I would think 150m from the other territories would be a easy given. I see 350-400 OS.

That would be awesome, you really think so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's at $149M OS now. $500M WW is in danger now, it all depends on China (if it does like $150M+ there) 

Edited by Mr Impossible
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This movie will definitely need China and Japan, if it even thinks about making 500 million worldwide. It's not locked, in my view. Not with BATB eating a lot of legs and screens. 

 

Peter Jackson's Kong made 550 million worldwide, and that number was considered disappointing 12 freaking years ago. So, anything less than 500 million for this movie ( with inflated ticket prices ) obviously will be considered disappointing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll get to 500m WW. At least 40m from the US and 50m from current OS markets get it to 350m. It'll probably nibble and get more out of those too.... At a minimum that 150m remaining for China and Japan. It'll do it.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

This movie will definitely need China and Japan, if it even thinks about making 500 million worldwide. It's not locked, in my view. Not with BATB eating a lot of legs and screens. 

 

Peter Jackson's Kong made 550 million worldwide, and that number was considered disappointing 12 freaking years ago. So, anything less than 500 million for this movie ( with inflated ticket prices ) obviously will be considered disappointing.

WB should release Kong after BatB in some markets.Showtimes and Imax screens hurt a lot.China doesn't have BtaB effect.Musical can't do too big.China can eat up Big monster film.550-600M WW still possible.

Edited by bangbingchan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

WB should release Kong after BatB in some markets.Showtimes and Imax screens hurt a lot.China doesn't have BtaB effect.Musical can't do too big.China can eat up Big monster film.550-600M WW still possible.

 

 

I hope it makes 500 million at least. Kong was quite good and really fun. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the breakdown like this:

 

Current WW: 259

China: 120-150

Japan: 20-30

United States: 50-60

Other OS markets: 50-70

 

Total: 499-569 WW

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screendaily

 

Legendary-Warner Bros’ Kong: Skull Island added $38.5m at the weekend as the latest ‘MonsterVerse’ instalment reached $149.2m.

The UK generated $3.3m for $13.5m and second place, and South Korea $2.5m for $11.1m. The tentpole ranks number one in France on $2.4m for $7.3m, and in Australia grossed $2.4m for $7.2m.

Brazil added $2m for $6.9m, while Russia took in $2m for a market total of $9.3m. Taiwan added $1.5m for $6m, Malaysia $1.5m for $4.8m, and Spain $987,000 for $3.2m.

Vietnam grossed $1.2m to beat Beauty And The Beast and reached $5.3m, ranking as the second biggest film of all time in the territory behind Furious 7.

Kong will roar into China and Japan this week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not expecting it to break out in Japan until I hear otherwise. Godzilla made $30 million there, yes. But that was the first Godzilla film in 10 years. And he's arguably an easier sell than King Kong.

 

Not sure how Kong: Skull Island will be received there. I'm hoping it cracks $20 million, but I'm worried it will only make numbers like Pacific Rim ($14-15 million). Perhaps my fears are unfounded, though.

Edited by NoobSaibot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kong wil soon replace Furious 7 as the highest grossing movie in Vietnam

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge opening from China, 150m very well in play there. So 350m+ and 500+ WW will definitely happen. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OD $22.2m, including previews and midnight

 

OW estimation $70~80m

Edited by SentryTrans
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SentryTrans said:

OD $22.2m, including previews and midnight

 

OW estimation $70~80m

Absoloutly briliant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.