Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

74 members have voted

1. 1. Review Revenge of the Sith

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Revenge of the Sith is a fantastic movie and is my third favorite movie in the series after ESB and ANH. While some may nitpick stuff like Hayden's acting, I have to say it is just as bad or good as any other franchise like LOTR or HP. I did not see any oscar wothy acting in those either. There are plenty of cringe worthy acting in those two franchises from the main actors as well.The action scenes and set pieces are fantastic. The scene where Vader watches the skies from the destroyer at the end is hearbreaking and makes me tear up everytime I watch it.I'm one of the few on these boards that has watched all six in their original release itself. For me, the end of EP 3 was bittersweet. A big part of my childhood and adulthood memories are tied to Star Wars. I'm one of those that hopes the Star War universe continues with more episodes.A+

Edited by jb007
  • Like 4

Of the prequels the one that can stand with the originals. It's not as good as ANH or ESB but it's up there Jedi. I like just about everything about this one. Yes Christiansen isn't the greatest actor but his scenes don't bother me that much. And the final hour of the film is as intense as film I've seen. A-

Yes, that's more or less how I see it, too.
  • Like 2

Me. Yoda should be beyond the lightsaber bullshit, that's the point of his relationship with The Force. It was a lot worse in Clones though - his duel in that was comical. Everyone just laughed.

Yea, that is complete and utter bullshit. Did you see it with a crowd full of SW haters? Cuz I saw Clones at midnight and when he took out his lightsabre for the first time and fought Dooku, the crowd erupted like they were at a rock concert, and when it ended people cheered. Look, I get that a lot of the youth wants to hate SW, that's your perogative, but don't spout lies about it. Yoda doing battle was what a lot of us SW geeks were salivating over.
  • Like 6

Look, I get that a lot of the youth wants to hate SW, that's your perogative, but don't spout lies about it. Yoda doing battle was what a lot of us SW geeks were salivating over.

*shrugs* what can I say - my theatre laughed. Whether that reaction was intentional or not I don't know, but I still think that Lucas completely missed the point of Yoda in having him fight like that. I won't pretend to be SW fan, but the prequels made me appreciate the relative strengths of the originals A LOT more. Edited by Hatebox

From Episodes 1 to 3, this is the only one where I'm not tempted to use fast-forward. Actually, there's much to love here, most of it: the terrific SF images. The opening spaceship battle was pure Syd Mead awesomeness, and some of the cityscapes reminded me of the best of Jim Burns' paintings. The music was good too, fitting nicely into the Star Wars canon. There was some unneccessary silliness (monocycle hunt, the cute Buzz-droids, R2D2 developing close-combat capabilities) and I found Anakin's transformation much too fast and complete (killing the younglings, really?) but everything considered, Episode 3 is a fun ride and easily the best of the prequels.

Yea, that is complete and utter bullshit. Did you see it with a crowd full of SW haters? Cuz I saw Clones at midnight and when he took out his lightsabre for the first time and fought Dooku, the crowd erupted like they were at a rock concert, and when it ended people cheered.Look, I get that a lot of the youth wants to hate SW, that's your perogative, but don't spout lies about it. Yoda doing battle was what a lot of us SW geeks were salivating over.

Yeah I completely agree. Yoda taking lightsaber in AOTC was such a cool scene.

Why would anyone hate to see Yoda fight? I mean, wasn't that the point of the prequels? In which we can see how ass-kicking these legendary characters in OT once were?

• Like 2

I think the Yoda lightsaber fight in AOTC wasn't executed that well since they were still ironing out the kinks for the motion capture.

I think a better way to stoke fan anticipation would have had Yoda in AOTC only use the Force, and then spring his lightsaber skills in ROTS to really get things going with audiences.

• Like 2

This movie is good for some epic lightsaber duels between Obi Wan and the General and Obi Wan and Anakin and the epic power battle between Yoda and the Emperor.

Add in the last third of the film being pretty solid...

It has a lot of flaws with the lines mostly...

The story is still pretty good.

B+

Star Wars Marathon

Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

how is this possible? same director, same screenwritter, same actors, same composer, how could this be any better than the previous two movies? It was, it was so much better that I can't describe in words, it's not perfect cause it had some awful lines, but it's near perfection. I believe in miracles now.

Original score: A- (89)

New score: A+ (98)

Anakin death, Final Duel (Anakin vs Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda vs Palpatine), Execute Order 66, The Birth of Darth Vader are one of the best scenes I've seen.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 6

When I first saw this, I felt generous and gave it a B. I'm less generous now and it seems weaker every time I catch a bit of it on TV. Probably B-/C+ for me at this point. The light-saber duels (and the action scenes in general) are hit and miss (none still reach the heights of either the physical moments of the TPM three-way duel or the emotional moments of EMPIRE or JEDI); there are definitely some nice moments, both visually and emotionally, but largely it just feels like plot-points being moved around a timeline to fit things into place (pretty awkwardly too, in a few spots), and unfortunately the key moments of essentially the whole trilogy fall really flat (at best): Obi-Wan after he defeats Anakin (really, you wouldn't just put Anakin out of his misery? what an asshole), Anakin choking Padme (sadly, a weak point for Portman here), the birth of the twins (a complete failure), and of course "NOOOOOOOO".

The best of the prequels, but that's not saying much.... basically, this could've been a single prequel stand-alone film and little would be lost (showing how pointless the first two films were, more or less). Still, it ends on a high note as it stylistically ties everything into the original trilogy and for a brief moment, actually feels partly like those films. 

• Like 2

I'm the opposite of Tele.  Gets better every time I see it.  This is the second best SW film imo.   :ph34r:

I have no idea how thats possible. 

I would love to hear why you like it more then the Original Star Wars (I think if I remember correctly you're a big fan of Empire ) baumer, your point of view is always interesting. 

• Like 1