Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

74 members have voted

1. 1. Review Revenge of the Sith

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Hayden's acting is fucking shit in this film. I have never seen such a terrible actor lead a blockbuster film. He's even worse than R-Patz. Lowering my grade to a B-. Saw it two days ago and was disappointed in how much annoyed me.A lot of this film looks like a fucking video game. Holy shit, this movie has aged horrendously.

• Like 1

Definitely the best of the prequels but still weighed down by the stupidity of Anakin's decent to the dark side.

I really hate how close-minded George Lucas's view of morality is. If he had made his universe allow for people to be morally grey in any way then Anakin's journey to the dark side could have been amazing. Instead what we got was him going from being a good Jedi knight slowly making his way towards the dark side to suddenly being some sort of insane psychopath who goes around murdering children and hating all other Jedi despite actually being the one person who knows the truth about the Jedi and knowing that they weren't evil.

I didn't hate Hayden Christensen as Anakin in this movie though. I thought that while his acting wasn't great his dull acting actually kind of worked for the character. I feel like the sort of emotionless dead-eyed performance he gave is sort of exactly how I imagine dark-side Anakin. 

I couldn't stand the acting for Palpatine when he became The Emperor though. It was WAY too over-the-top. He went from being like the calmest guy ever to being... idk... insane? Especially when he was lying on the ground as Mace Windu stood over him and he was like "NO! NOOOO!" It was just unbearable to witness.

The final battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan was very emotional and I really enjoyed how that was done. Same with a lot of the "Empire taking over" stuff. Like when the clones were ordered to kill all the Jedi. Even when Anakin stopped Mace Windu honestly. I actually bought Anakin's desperation to save Padme being the reason he joined Palpatine right up until he started doing things completely out of character that made no sense.

All in all it was a pretty good movie. Really dark but good.

• Like 2

This film has funny relationship with me. 

It is by far one of the most hyped films of the last decade domestically. 

I have seen it countless times and I find it wickedly awesome in parts and laughable bad in others. 

Overall its an entertaining film with great duels and action and the turn towards the dark side is awesome. 

The bad parts are..

-The overacting from the emperor making silly faces

- Hayden acting,

- NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

- and you were my brother Anakin!!! (I love and hate this part)

- Younglings

- Padame you broke my heart

I still do give kudos for Lucas for bringing the film into the current times criticizing Bush. 

B+ 

• Like 1

If one watched this without any emotional ties to the OT, this was quite good and entertaining. But in a Pirates of the Carribean kind of way... not any saga kind of way. Though I never thought RotJ was better than this...

C+

ESB > ANH  > RotS > RotJ > PM/AotC

Edited by ShouldIBeHere
  • Like 2

I thought Hayden was really good in this. And hes not a bad actor. Look at him in any role outside if Star Wars and hes really good.

Hayden getting burnt at the end was the best acting he gave throughout the entire trilogy.