abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

BatmanSuperman12.jpg

RTH Sys 12 m

Warner BrosBatman v Superman: Dawn of Justice has taken the Tuesday record in March with $12.2M, beating The Hunger Games previous high of $10.3M. Total domestic cume now stands at $193.27M, and at this pace BvS will cross the two century mark today. BvS is down 19% from Monday’s $15M. Worldwide yesterday, BvS raked in $46M.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-tuesday-box-office-record-1201728459/

BoxOffice.com

BATMAN V SUPERMAN took in an estimated $12.23M on Tuesday and has grossed $193.27M in 5 days domestically. ‪#‎BatmanVSuperman‬

ZOOTOPIA took in $3.68M on Tuesday and has grossed $249.86M to date domestically. ‪#‎Zootopia‬

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

wow the trolls lol. please do tell why 12 million is bad on a freakin normal weekday with school and work ?

Because it's larger than expected and below what FF7 did last year. Quit being a dick. 

Even with people going back to school the cheap Tuesday phenomenon has helped to balance the falls out keeping them under 10% the last couple of years. 12m would be a 20% dip and that's a lot considering it will drop another 30% today. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

wow the trolls lol. please do tell why 12 million is bad on a freakin normal weekday with school and work ?

Because it is not a normal weekday. Many schools are out on Spring Break which is why it dropped only 55% on Monday, and why we should not expect a big Friday increase.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

I'll see if I can find the article, but I remember reading somewhere that 40% of schools in the US were on spring break this week. I know the ones around me are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

I'll see if I can find the article, but I remember reading somewhere that 40% of schools in the US were on spring break this week. I know the ones around me are.

To be fair, lausd is in session. I know that much. 

6 minutes ago, mredman said:

Because it has already fallen behind Furious 7. Its on course to fall above 65% which is a bad hold

Just now, narniadis said:

Regardless of the percentage of schools out, a 20% dip is steep for this day. The question becomes is BvS an outlier or did everything hold a bit worse than expected. 

That needs to be seen. Last year, the easter weekend was in the first week of April. Not certain whether spring break was on for part of the schools last year during after easter weekend.