abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

Tbh, my dream Superman project would be to adapt Secret Identity into a movie, because All-Star would be damn hard to adapt into a movie. Fits a miniseries more.

But even if it was just a straightforward Superman movie, I still think there's room for that today. Jimmy Olsen, Lois Lane, Perry White, Lex... they all could be reasonably adapted into today's times. They're not outdated as much as a lot of people like to claim they are.

17 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Damn right I'm serious. I let the numbers speak to themselves. DCUU's first phase trajectory is ahead of MCUU. They are on the decline, DC is on the up. As of DC vs Marvel, we will see if Ss can match the success of GotG.

:rolleyes: Never change. You have no idea what you're talking about.

6 minutes ago, John Wars said:

just wait until Civil War bitchslaps BvS.. lets see how much Marvel is declining then 

unless civil war is a major turd.. also a possibility

I'm genuinely confused on how people can sit here with a straight face and say that DC is on the up and Marvel is on the decline. The last time DC tried putting out a movie that didn't have Batman or Superman in it, it flopped harder than a fish on a deck. Meanwhile as I've already stated Marvel is putting out film after film with critical and commercial success. That includes the X-men made by Fox too. And until DC has a string of films that are as successful as the C-list movies made by Marvel, DC will always be playing second fiddle and trying to catch up. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I completely get what you are saying, but do we know if the EW article claiming that production starts April, 11st is the real deal or some sort of attempt of damage control after the McWeeny article went out of control? Completely devil's advocate proposition, but is there signs that they are actually starting this in ten days? And where? I think that at least some discussions between execs are happening, it's only reasonable they are having those.

I don't really know what they'd gain by putting out a false announcement. If they wanted to buy time, they could've very easily said nothing at all.

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I completely get what you are saying, but do we know if the EW article claiming that production starts April, 11st is the real deal or some sort of attempt of damage control after the McWeeny article went out of control? Completely devil's advocate proposition, but is there signs that they are actually starting this in ten days? And where? I think that at least some discussions between execs are happening, it's only reasonable they are having those.

The whole cast and Snyder is on Conan tomorrow in the states and I'd imagine they'll have some kind of announcement about whatever is happening going forward. They've been talking about this appearance for a few weeks now. 

I don't understand it either considering a d-list superhero film from marvel studios grossed half a billion dollars. Even though I didn't care for it, Antman was a hit for them. ANTMAN. Yet marvel brand is declining?? :huh::mellow:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Damn right I'm serious. I let the numbers speak to themselves. DCUU's first phase trajectory is ahead of MCUU. They are on the decline, DC is on the up. As of DC vs Marvel, we will see if Ss can match the success of GotG.

dccu doesnt have phases, they just threw everything at us in a panic move to try to catch up to marvel. i really wish the dccu looked like it was gonna be great for me, but it just doesnt. comparing bvs to something like thor just because it was the "2nd movie in the universe" is ridiculous. bvs is an avenger level movie and thats what it should be compared to, it freakin cost 250 million and was marketed like the event of the year, and were at a pt if were questioning if its even gonna make 400 million domestic or a billion ww? heck, they spent 225 million on man of steel (thats now much avengers cost). i dont know how anyone doesnt think bvs' trajectory isnt a financial disappointment, not a failure, but a disappointment. the mixed reaction isnt great for the future of the cinematic universe either.

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

The whole cast and Snyder is on Conan tomorrow in the states and I'd imagine they'll have some kind of announcement about whatever is happening going forward. They've been talking about this appearance for a few weeks now. 

the cast and executives will be there to plan a surprise for snyder

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Subzero said:

LOL why this thread not interesting enough for ya -- might as well skip till Friday :blink:

Would that be a bad thing?  Figure it's gonna be like this all week long.  Problem is that the weekend thread will likely magnify everything again. 

• Like 1