abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

So even Zootopia was a victim of this tuesday.

Bring down your gloomsticks guys, seems like the problem is global!

Zootopia decreased 20% from Sunday on Monday while Batman v Superman decreased 56%. Like I said, family movies hold better on Easter Monday so the drop on Tuesday is completely normal.

From Deadline:

The Monday to Tuesday decline was a healthy 34% post Easter Monday in many offshore markets. In a statement, Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, president of Worldwide Distribution beamed,  “These incredible numbers are building momentum for not only this movie, but for the upcoming slate of DC Super Hero films.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ohana said:

From Deadline:

The Monday to Tuesday decline was a healthy 34% post Easter Monday in many offshore markets. In a statement, Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, president of Worldwide Distribution beamed,  “These incredible numbers are building momentum for not only this movie, but for the upcoming slate of DC Super Hero films.”

Very good news, looks like WB is very happy with Zack Snyder

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Baumer said:

So about a 9% drop for Deadpool

If a popular movie that's been out for a month drops (almost 10%!) on discount Tuesday, it definitely seems like a market correction is in order, and that Monday acted like a semi-holiday. BVS's number looks better now.

edit: I wrote that without seeing the ZOOTOPIA number, which makes the correlation even more obvious.

• Like 14

37 minutes ago, cannastop said:

The Zootopia gross is disappointing. It dropped a lot more than Home did on its Tuesday after Easter.

At least it made more than $3.5 million on its 25th day. Next week is the real test anyways.

You have a point but I think Home is the exception not the rule. The Croods dropped 23% from its Easter Monday which was down 20% from its Easter (like Zootopia). Rio 2 and How to Train Your Dragon dropped 28% (Although Dragon didn't benefit much from cheap Tuesdays). I don't know how Home dropped 6% on Tuesday but unless Zootopia drops 23% today like that movie did we shouldn't be disappointed. Also, Sunday Zootopia dropped only 30% while home dropped 38%, so the movie are behaving differently

Edited by Arlo245
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baumer said:

24% drop for Zootopia.

What a shock. Another movie that benefited from Holiday Monday drops significantly on Tuesday. What do u know.

You are ignoring that Zootopia also dropped only 20% on Monday, which kind of makes it a moot comparison point. Clearly this Monday was stronger than the one when Furious 7 opened, but that doesn't exactly speak well to BvS when its Monday drop was just barely better than Furious 7, and still had a way worse decline yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

You have a point but I think Home is the exception not the rule. The Croods dropped 23% from its Easter Monday which dropped 20% from its Easter (like Zootopia). Rio 2 and How to Train Your Dragon dropped 28% (Although Dragon didn't benefit much from cheap Tuesdays). I don't know why Home dropped 6% on Tuesday but unless Zootopia drops 23% today like that movie did we shouldn't be worried. Also, Sunday Zootopia dropped only 30% while home dropped 38%, so the movie are behaving differently

I don't know what happened on that particular tuesday when Home dropped 5% but the drops were a lot softer like 2-5% for the top 3, being F7, Home and Cinderella, and the rest of the top 10 actually all increased. Not just regular cheap Tuesday but cheaper Tuesday maybe? 

anyway even if Zoo falls another 20% I wouldn't be worried, $300M seems basically locked and it can't do wrong at this point. Having said that, 10-15% drop would be ideal.

• Like 1