abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

The negativity will increase to the film over time as more non fans see it especially the detractors.

I agree with this and they'll have to make sure they do a better job with JL if they want more success going forward. 

Whether you like or not the film, gotta admit that all the talk around it is pretty insane, where many Marvel films fade into oblivion after release like AOU, people will be talking about this one for a while. A divided reception is always more interesting to follow. 

The Miller JL was "cancelled" because of a variety of issues, none of which the current version faces: it originally only worked budgetarily if WB could take advantage of key Australian tax rebates, but that garbled the initial start of production and then the writer's strike delayed it more. Every delay tends to make a project harder to launch, because your actors (and/or some of your key crew talent) only have a certain window available before they move to other projects.

Everyone who wants a non-Snyder version of JL... y'all are young, just wait a few years and when the Snyder-verse is complete, WB will no redoubt relaunch the DCEU (partially or entirely) with new creative people. Same as they did when transitioning from the Donner-launched Supermans to the Burton Batmans, to Schumacher, to Nolan, to Snyder. This is not a once-in-a-lifetime event.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Next month(April) besides The Jungle Book and BVS doesn't really have anything exciting. God's Not

Dead 2 will open in the low teens and make 38 million domestic. The Boss should net in 22-24 million opening weekend, and make 75 million domestic. Barbershop 3 will debut with 13-15 million, and make 40 million. The Huntsman will do 35 OW, and make 85 million domestic. Keanu will do 18-20 OW and make 48 million domestic.

I actually have a somewhat bold prediction to make, based on social media movement:

I think Hardcore Henry can be the film that steals the first spot from BvS. We don't talk at all about this film here, but it's so out there and the movement in social media is so fucking nuts that it could do it. And no, I don't think it'll be a good film at all, but it's the kind of weird thing that I can see it happening.

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I actually have a somewhat bold prediction to make, based on social media movement:

I think Hardcore Henry can be the film that steals the first spot from BvS. We don't talk at all about this film here, but it's so out there and the movement in social media is so fucking nuts that it could do it. And no, I don't think it'll be a good film at all, but it's the kind of weird thing that I can see it happening.

So, you're implying that Hardcore Henry is going to open to $35 million. That's pretty out there.

• Like 2

The way a lot of people here act makes me wish I liked the movie, because the obvious baiting from some members here is outright disgusting. So you didn't like the movie, it doing "poorly" doesn't make you better than some people. I hated BvS, but it's doing just fine. Calm down everyone.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

The Miller JL was "cancelled" because of a variety of issues, none of which the current version faces: it originally only worked budgetarily if WB could take advantage of key Australian tax rebates, but that garbled the initial start of production and then the writer's strike delayed it more. Every delay tends to make a project harder to launch, because your actors (and/or some of your key crew talent) only have a certain window available before they move to other projects.

Everyone who wants a non-Snyder version of JL... y'all are young, just wait a few years and when the Snyder-verse is complete, WB will no redoubt relaunch the DCEU (partially or entirely) with new creative people. Same as they did when transitioning from the Donner-launched Supermans to the Burton Batmans, to Schumacher, to Nolan, to Snyder. This is not a once-in-a-lifetime event.

You only get a once in a lifetime chance to introduce the character or story to an audience for the first time. They nailed it with Donner Superman and Burton Batman. They are fumbling it with Justice League so far. But I am hoping they will learn from at least some of their mistakes and do a better job with the next movie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

BVS is an experimental concept, so to an extent we can compare it to an Art film. If WB wanted it to be a huge commercial success they would use some CBM formula to make it more appealing and easy for audiences to digest. If you watch the movie, you understand what I'm saying.

... I've seen it all now

• Like 9

11 hours ago, VGPOP said:

I can say this much. People are talking here about hater or labeling someone who is a hater because he/she disliked movie. But in the end, there are some members, and I am not talking one or two people, who do want the movie to fail because this means WB may put a stop in their plans to continue the other movies for DC comics.

Those with this agenda don't care at all and do enjoy seeing movie failing at the box office.

They only want their comic book heroes in the big screen. They can't stand the sight of someone else taking their places.

If you deny this, you are blind.

Yikes, well then I definitely would NOT want BVS to fail, because I want more Batman, more Superman, more DC movies. I just am hoping for a better quality of product. Certainly hoping Suicide Squad is good. It looks good, so far!

Anyway, I don't think BVS is going to "fail" no matter what it does from here, but it may not be the resounding success that WB hoped. I also have to think it's not just about the numbers. I mean, if TFA got a 29% on RT, made $653M, and was #1 of the year, but put a bad taste in everyone's mouth, that would not be a win. Actually, in battle, it's what you would call a tactical victory but a strategic defeat. That may be what BVS becomes -- on paper, a winner, by itself. But a loser for the brand as a whole and thus a strategic loss.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Looka Tele being all intellectual and shit.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

You only get a once in a lifetime chance to introduce the character or story to an audience for the first time.

I don't really buy this. Technically, yes, there's only one first time. But it's hardly like that's your only chance, or even that it's impossible to make a popular movie version of a character that's already failed. WB has "nailed" Batman three times. They're one for three for Superman. But that doesn't mean another Superman, down the road, is doomed to failure and/or audience rejection.

Heck, Marvel "failed" twice with Hulk (once by outsourcing the material, essentially; once on their own) before the Ruffalo/Whedon combo clicked with audiences. Spidey is on his third iteration -- I assume most people here expect the new version to be entertaining. Outside of the superhero-verse, Bond has been rebooted successfully five (?) different times, with arguably one failure (and even that failure was a big hit). Even the famous Kirk/Spock/McCoy trinity of Star Trek -- once deemed so iconic that many felt it would be impossible to replicate -- has been successfully rebooted as well.

Why would DC prove to be the exception to the rule?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Just walked out the movie.

The first two thirds?

God Snyder

That last third?

:sadben::sadben::sadben:

Nailed it (although God Snyder is a bit too high praise, but still pretty entertaining).

4 hours ago, #ED said:

Just came back to say Hans Zimmer is done with superhero movies. :(

Hopefully he still works with Nolan.

I mean, Junkie XL has proven with Mad Max and with his BvS that he is a worthy replacement so I'm not too broken up over it.

3 hours ago, Baumer said:

24% drop for Zootopia.

What a shock. Another movie that benefited from Holiday Monday drops significantly on Tuesday. What do u know.

Unrelated to the numbers, but have you seen Zootopia, baumer? Curious on what you'd think of it.

Same with Tele tbh