abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea. We both have it at -62% but we were trying to really analyze the numbers. Having said that we could be over analyzing and over estimating and the movie could drop 70%. We won't really know if this is a weekend film or not until the weekend actually happens. 

If it's -62% WITHOUT previews, then it's bad. Like below my prediction of under F7 bad. 

Well, I figure I might as well contribute. Here's my calculations for the rest of this week, based on the day-to-day performances of Furious 7 and Clash of the Titans.

Thursday - $7.53 million
Friday - $16.4 million
Saturday - $21.9 million
Sunday - $13.7 million

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL - $52 million

And here's a second projection based on the week-to-week performance of the same two movies.

Friday - $24.5 million
Saturday - $26.9 million
Sunday - $16.6 million

SECOND WEEKEND TOTAL - $68 million

The former is more in line with BoxOffice.com's estimate of $55 million, and is still closer to BOM's estimate than the latter, so I tend to believe it a bit more.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

If it's -62% WITHOUT previews, then it's bad. Like below my prediction of under F7 bad. 

Haha no it's -62% WITH previews. I think it'll land between -62% and -65%. Based on the numbers he gave me last week for BvS I had it opening at $165M and was a million off so his numbers are the real deal....except for Deadpool. He wasn't prepared for Deadpool at all. Like his theater was a shit show of epic proportions. Then again I don't think most theaters in the country were prepared for Deadpool lol 

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

LOL, yeah it's not making $80M its second weekend, sorry. That was never on the table at all, or frankly anything close. $65M would be very solid.

I said closer to 80 than 60.

So $70,000,000.01 would make me correct.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The thing to remember the film has gotten so much negative attention.

Fences sitters and casual audiences may be turned away..

That was the conspirators plan.

They are failing.

Time will vindicate BvS.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Pretty much this. While WWE wrestling requires a ton of athletic ability, and those guys put themselves through a lot of pain, that's not the fun of watching it (I put aside the more extreme types of entertainment wrestling, where the guys are basically trying to give the fans a goreshow -- that shit is just nasty). The fun of watching WWE is the outrageous live soap-opera that unfolds. It's hilarious, over-the-top, and all the guys sell it well. You can watch it and appreciate the guts and incredible ability it takes to leap off the top turnbuckle and crash (somewhat safely) through a table, while enjoying all the absurd twists and turns of the unfolding (and ongoing) storyline.

Watching it back in its 90s heyday, when the McMahons were first putting themselves in their own company's entertainment, years ahead of all these current reality stars, while Stone Cold and the Rock rose through the ranks, was can't-miss TV.

This man understands me. 

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Allegiant loses over 700 theaters, lel. Miracles is actually gaining 108 theaters in it's third week, surprising. 

Yeah this series is going down in flames... at least with other film series where this trend is noticeable the grosses are high enough to qualify for blockbuster status (or what used to be anyways,i.e. over 100m.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CJohn said:

WOM means everything. 

Critics? Not so much. 

6 hours ago, a2knet said:

WOM yes, Critics no.

Sometimes they align and it seems critics matter but it's WOM making all the difference for a movie like BVS.

Critics create early wom. 

Youre telling me if BvS got a 95% on RT and critics were claiming this was TDK level a week out it almost does 200m OW no doubt