abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

10 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Weak number obviosuly. I have not read entire thread. But I am pretty sure BvS is getting shredded here.

Anyone predicting under $300 million domestic yet? How about 80% drop this weekend?

There's a post somewhere suggesting 70% drop is possible...

I am with Baumer. BvS could very well play more like a weekend film. Some members of the forum would go crazy if that happens.

I sense dark times in upcoming threads are awaiting for us.

• Like 2

If this film tops out at around $350m DOM, that will surely be a disappointment to WB bigwigs, who probably were thinking Avengers/Jurassic World numbers, or at least something in the zone of the last two Bale Batman movies.

But even at that number, it's still going to pass $1B WW, and will have achieved its bigger-picture goal of introducing storylines and characters so as to set the stage for future "DC universe" films, starting with Wonder Woman.

So yeah, while WB would have liked a $550m DOM take, the film's DOM and WW box office will still be profitable, and WB can anticipate big numbers from future DC films.

Mission Accomplished. 

Edited by SteveJaros

I doubt WB was expecting JW or Avengers numbers. It's not them coming off of TDKR, this is a movie following MOS that did 668 million in theaters. But like you say, it's mission accomplished indeed, you can't expect, even with Batman to just do heavy hitter Marvel numbers right away. Considering how long Marvel has been around, they're catching up pretty fast.

Well, I'd bet on BvS losing to TDKR worldwide plus it's not exactly well-received and they already introduced Wonder Woman so don't expect any increase (outside of China) for JL.

45 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Weak number obviosuly. I have not read entire thread. But I am pretty sure BvS is getting shredded here.

Anyone predicting under $300 million domestic yet? How about 80% drop this weekend?

Almost. I'm thinking 70% . Someone was close to 80% if tomorrow's drop is harsh again. 

I'm thinking 350. Someone said low 300s. 

Below 300 seems impossible, but ya never know

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bapi said:

Well, I'd bet on BvS losing to TDKR worldwide plus it's not exactly well-received and they already introduced Wonder Woman so don't expect any increase (outside of China) for JL.

With good reviews JL can make(much) more than BvS.

Edited by efialtes76

6 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

With good reviews JL can make(much) more than BvS.

Well, JL's gonna be directed by the guy who made MoS and BvS so I hope you don't expect 80+% on RT. Plus it's clear a lot of GA and fans don't like BvS so why they should return for JL (when BvS is already JL 0.9)?

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

2nd weekend drop will be big but film will do okay on saturday  (23 to 25 saturday likely)...

So should do 55+ but that is still 65%+ drop.

Yeah, I guess 55-58M is realistic. And honestly before BvS Snyder directed six movies - four of them had 2nd weekend drop over 60%.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chinoiserie said:

The same way maybe having 20 critic reviews ends up usually being pretty similar what hundreds of critics think. People do not have that differing opinions in the end. Of course Cinemascore is more positive than the general opinion is, because those polled wanted to go see the film right after the film opened so they are very likely to be fans who like the film no matter of what. And it is not perfect otherwise either. But it does work still, you just can not compare those scores with other film reviews but with other Cinemascores.  

Problem with CinemaScore is I don't think how they sample is statistically significant for the country as a whole.  It's also kind of shown that WoM and CS don't have much correlation.

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Then you need to discredit any study or science based experiment that samples just 400 to 500 people. Is it a perfect science? Absolutely not. But polls and surveys are used all the time on a similar sample size basis to gauge how the public feels. And that 72% rating on flixster coupled with a 7.4 on IMDb shows that the movie is in the B range for the masses. 

Statistics FTW!! 

• Like 1

I think JL will gross less than this.

MoS/BvS's were badly received, we've already seen Superman/Batman/WW together and nobody cares about the other members (whose introductions in BvS were laughable).

Edited by Clef Ment
  • Like 3

Just now, Clef Ment said:

MoS/BvS bad reception, we've already seen Superman/Batman/WW together and nobody cares about the other members (whose introductions in BvS were laughable).

I agree. Personally would expect 10-15% drop in North America and Europe. If WB had any ace up their sleeve it was Batman and Wonder Woman. I don't see any reason why Darkseid or Throne of Atlantis storyline should somehow make people excited.

10 minutes ago, bapi said:

I agree. Personally would expect 10-15% drop in North America and Europe. If WB had any ace up their sleeve it was Batman and Wonder Woman. I don't see any reason why Darkseid or Throne of Atlantis storyline should somehow make people excited.

JL will make like $250m in NA and $600WW...:rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Clef Ment said:

MoS/BvS's were badly received, we've already seen Superman/Batman/WW together and nobody cares about the other members (whose introductions in BvS were laughable).

"Nobody cares about the other members", translation: "I don't care about the other members and for some reason I apply this logic to every living person".

Laughable introductions? Talk about opinions. Plenty loved those, so really, what the f are you talking about? If they market it well, if the reviews are better, there's no reason it can't do more than BvS, I sure would have liked to have been there back when the MCU was starting, there must have been plenty of similarly laughable statements.