baumer

New proposition to make benefit for glorious box office forums site (Captain America total)

The more people that get in this the better. There can be more than 10 people that get involved in this. I am just keeping up my end of it at $100. But if 20 people want to put up their $10 that just means if they lose the site gets $200. So this is definitely a win-win for the site.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

You guys are expecting some crazy bump. 400 is way too high. 

Im waiting on BKB and Ijack

I'm with Baumer on this - I can see it adding $100m strictly because it plays like Avengers 2.5 but y'all are expecting this to behave like TDK did to Batman Begins and I don't see it.

If I am wrong and it crosses 400m thats great and I will pay my $10 :) but I don't think I will be wrong.

14 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'm just a fan of long odds. (why I'm a terrible gambler)

Plus, already gave 10 bucks, and got no problem giving 10 more.

For all of you guys donating, consider just buying yourself one of the accounts for a month. It's the same amount of money and you do get those extra perks. It auto-renews (I think), but you get a reminder before it happens so you can always cancel.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

For all of you guys donating, consider just buying yourself one of the accounts for a month. It's the same amount of money and you do get those extra perks. It auto-renews (I think), but you get a reminder before it happens so you can always cancel.

Yes, it generates a "bill" that you chose to pay or not - you don't pay the perks go away :) I am terrible at renewing on time lol so I have figured that out quite well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I'll have to look into that. My finances are in flux a lot, so I try to stay away from auto-payments for the time being, so I can avoid being hit with fees from the bank.

8 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I'll have to look into that. My finances are in flux a lot, so I try to stay away from auto-payments for the time being, so I can avoid being hit with fees from the bank.

Sure, I definitely understand. And we appreciate any donation to the site, no matter how it's made, obviously. I think what @narniadis was saying is that it technically doesn't auto-renew -- it sends you an invoice but it auto-cancels if you don't pay it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Sure, I definitely understand. And we appreciate any donation to the site, no matter how it's made, obviously. I think what @narniadis was saying is that it technically doesn't auto-renew -- it sends you an invoice but it auto-cancels if you don't pay it.

I read that after I posted. :D

I'll have to wait a few weeks, but I'll probably get one. Just wait for a part of the month where all my bills aren't due.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Baumer said:

You guys are expecting some crazy bump. 400 is way too high. 

That's because you consider this a sequel to TWS.

IM3 did 409 - While IM is not in the title marketing is making us believe this is an IM vs CA movie

The Avengers did 623 & AOU did 459 - BW, BP, Antman, Falcon, SW, WS, WM, vision, and of course, Hawk Guy... they are definitely marketing it like an avengers movie.

Spiderman - Likely only a small part but GAs reaction to the last trailer shows that it might not be understated on how popular his character is.

400 is tough... the movie has to be good.  

But yeah... I think this has a better chance at 400 than BvS did.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Baumer said:

Yes, we do check.  You can also see the amount of money that has been donated to the forums on the main page.  So yes, we are keeping people honest.

If I don't win the bet and don't pay it, you can all ban me and curse me to the winds for it. If I win the bet, I'll donate the $10 for an upgrade on my account, and if I can, I'd like to have it done not right away, but a period of my choosing. Winning or losing, BOT will get my $10. :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

That's because you consider this a sequel to TWS.

IM3 did 409 - While IM is not in the title marketing is making us believe this is an IM vs CA movie

The Avengers did 623 & AOU did 459 - BW, BP, Antman, Falcon, SW, WS, WM, vision, and of course, Hawk Guy... they are definitely marketing it like an avengers movie.

Spiderman - Likely only a small part but GAs reaction to the last trailer shows that it might not be understated on how popular his character is.

400 is tough... the movie has to be good.  

But yeah... I think this has a better chance at 400 than BvS did.

Gitesh did a poll about this:

I'd love to be apart of this, but as someone who has struggled with compulsive gambling for years I can't throw money in, but I'll definitely make a $10 donation next Friday on payday. :):)

Edit: it can't be a bet.

Edited by FilmBuff
  • Like 5