baumer

New proposition to make benefit for glorious box office forums site (Captain America total)

Guys this is not gambling.  This is strictly a donation to the site.  And if you all win, then me and Tele donate $200.00 total.  There's nothing to it.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

I will go in for the over 400 crew if there's still room.

3 hours ago, FilmBuff said:

I'd love to be apart of this, but as someone who has struggled with compulsive gambling for years I can't throw money in, but I'll definitely make a $10 donation next Friday on payday. :):)

Edit: it can't be a bet.

I said I would take the 11th and 12th donator (not bettor). That would be you 2

Good luck!

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

The title sounds like foreigner wrote it. You've been spending time abroad @Baumer

I believe he's traveled to Kazakhstan recently. 

I feel like CA: CW is going to perform right in between Avengers and Captain America. It's a half and half movie. Now what that number will be exactly, I don't know. But I'll donate $10 if it exceeds $400 mill.  I'm rooting for this to be as good or better than CA: WS, quality-wise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Intergalactic Ping Pong said:

I believe he's traveled to Kazakhstan recently. 

I feel like CA: CW is going to perform right in between Avengers and Captain America. It's a half and half movie. Now what that number will be exactly, I don't know. But I'll donate $10 if it exceeds $400 mill.  I'm rooting for this to be as good or better than CA: WS, quality-wise.

Ah. it was from Borat. Forgot about that, I usually get movie quotes. Screwed the pooch on that one. . I just spent a year in India and it sounded like someone from there.

• Like 2

Given the ecstatic buzz coming out of Marvel and the great trailer I can't see any way this does under 400m.

And Baumer: forget about this being a sequel to WS - it's an Avengers film in all but name, and it's likely to be orgasmically received by fans and the public. AOU is the floor, IMO.

I'll put in $10. But I won't be paying out. :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Wow Yads.... I remember you from the Box Office Mojo days. Haven't seen you in quite a while. Nice to see you here.

Cheers Baumer. 

I visited a couple times at the end of last year to predict 1bn dom for TFA... which turned out to be way, way optimistic. ;) 

But it's good to see the community still going strong!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, yads said:

Cheers Baumer. 

I visited a couple times at the end of last year to predict 1bn dom for TFA... which turned out to be way, way optimistic. ;) 

But it's good to see the community still going strong!

Nice avvy, lol.

ovtmhfn.gif

• Like 1

I'm in! Don't know what my final prediction will be, but I've been thinking CA:CW will end up closer to $500M than $400M.

Plus, this place was a great place to track TFA's B.O. run and the BvS saga has been a blast. Even if I lose I'll feel the money well spent.

• Like 3