WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

how many do you think it will add? the cost of releasing and marketing it could itself not be worth it.

2,800 theaters, $45m w/ 3D amd good reviews

Just noticed Allegiant is still only over 50M on its 3rd week.  Almost everyone in this forum predicted that harsh drop but Lionsgate didn't? They didn't even shoot the part 2 back to back like Mockinjay to save money at least

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Giacchino is a musical genius, especially when teams up with Pixar. Pixar's already known for having excellent scores to their , but their work with Giacchino is just fantastic. Up is amazing, as is Inside Out. 

His work on JC and the Star Trek films are also equally excellent. I'm a big fan. 

Yeah, i agree.

His work on Up, IO, etc.....are great too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, i agree.

His work on Up, IO, etc.....are great too.

His score for Ratatouille and The Incredibles are also superb. His work is so good on Ratatouille, Henry Mancini would have been proud, it really feels like France. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2

6TH UPDATE, Saturday 11:45 PM:  The only good news is that Warner Bros.’ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice‘s weekend isn’t any worse than what we expected, but a tad better with a FSS of $51.2M after seeing a $22.2M Saturday, +45% over Friday’s $15.3M. The concern here was that BvS’ second weekend was going to sink into the higher $40M range. Currently, that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen with many predicting a -35% hold on Sunday over Saturday. BvS‘ Saturday uptick is normal for a number of big pics in their second weekend, and in fact most films in the top 10 saw Saturday surges between 13%-48%.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v-superman-box-office-second-weekend-gods-not-dead-2-1201729796/
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

It needs 340-350m dom to do 890-910 ww.

Right now 870-890m is looking very likely.

Once/If it becomes clear that it's missing 900m, lot of noise will be made in the media.

Right now the perception is still that close to 1b ww is happening.

Perception on this board still seems to be 1b too. Should be another week or so til the thinkpieces start to roll in

• Like 1

What the hell is FSS dhd?

" but a tad better with a FSS of $51.2M after seeing"

I know it's something do with 2nd weekend but don't get the acronym

Edited by a2knet

16 minutes ago, excel1 said:

2,800 theaters, $45m w/ 3D amd good reviews

Jurassic Park and Titanic brought 45-60m because they were away from theaters for decade or more and were beloved and pathbreaking.

BVS R-rated release right now won't make 4.5m, let alone 45m.

Edited by a2knet

Deadline comparing this to HP2 saying some are thinking BvS could have the same "leg out factor" to $380m.   Deadline and the other "experts" do know HP2 was in the summer and that it's second w/e already had it about $13m ahead of BvS. :rolleyes:

Zootopia  ($19.9M, awesome -17% fifth frame hold, cume:$275.8M),

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2  ($11.1M, great sophomore hold of -38%, 10-day cume: $36.5M)G

God’s Not Dead 2 ($7.56M opening)

Miracles From Heaven ($7.38M, down decent -24% in third weekend, cume $46.7M).

Just now, TalismanRing said:

Deadline comparing this to HP2 saying some are thinking BvS could have the same "leg out factor" to $380m.   Deadline and the other "experts" do know HP2 was in the summer and that it's second w/e already had it about $13m ahead of BvS. :rolleyes:

Deadline is just a mouthpiece for whichever exec or agent last had their ear, this is probably the WB company line at the moment

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

What the hell is FSS dhd?

I know it's something do with 2nd weekend but don't get the acronym

5000 post and you don't know FSS

I mean I had to look up CBM recently, but me thinks yours had better context:stooges:

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Deadline is just a mouthpiece for whichever exec or agent last had their ear, this is probably the WB company line at the moment

Yep, no more apparent than the latest O/S round up where the report painstakingly told us what % of market share it had without actually mentioning the % drops in almost every territory from Fri-Fri.

I mean WTF is this?

Friday grosses elsewhere per WB include $2.1M in the UK where the spandex-clad duo have 45% of the Top 5 movies. The cume is $35.4M through Friday. Mexico generated another $1.4M on 2,710 screens with 57% of the Top 5 market share. School holidays are still in play there and the cume is $25.9M. Brazil has a great 64% share of the Top 5 and $1.1M on Friday for a $17.5M total to date. Germany grossed an estimated $921K on 1,050 screens, holding 43% of the Top 5 with a cume of $12.7M. In Australia, where school holidays are in full swing in major markets, an $805K Friday on 594 screens takes the tally to $15.3M. Friday grosses in Japan came in at $652K on 718 screens, bringing the cume to $7.8M. BvS leads France, although competition is tough from newcomer Kung Fu Panda 3, with an estimated $509K on Friday for $12.2M to date. Korea kicked up $453K in first place for $12.3M overall. Spain continues to dominate the market at an estimated $380K from 630 screens. The cume is now $8.1M. Russia took in an estimated $353K on roughly 2,111 screens, bringing the running cume to $10M. Finally, Italy grossed an estimated $341K on 803 screens, and has a cume of $8.9M with nearly 50% of the Top 5 market share on Friday.

http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-china-box-office-fight-1201730430/

• Like 3