WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

32 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Is the fact that God's Not Dead 2 the biggest release this weekend due to it being BVS's 2nd weekend ?

Probably. Although April looks largely barren this year in terms of appealing product.

15 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Probably. Although April looks largely barren this year in terms of appealing product.

Blame the lack of Easter. Last year was garbage as well.

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

Is the fact that God's Not Dead 2 the biggest release this weekend due to it being BVS's 2nd weekend ?

There was another movie but it was canceled a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

PLEASE READ:

Okay, folks, after everything that's happened the last couple of weeks, the staff is sick and tired of dealing with what really comes down to simple differences of opinion. We've tried warning in threads, we've tried PMs, we've tried warning points, none of these lighter measures have helped much. As a result, we have a large number of threads that've been toxic to many members, and we've gotten numerous complaints that checking in to read about daily numbers, or to see what movie news has come out, isn't very fun anymore -- because a few people are so determined to push their own viewpoints that they're essentially trampling on everyone else's ability to simply come and hang out and have a good time.

So, here is a new policy. It's very simple.

DON'T POISON THE WELL. If you do, it's a 24-hour ban -- minimum.

It baffles me that you have to post warnings like this every other day. People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and you can't do that with these 24-hour bans. My suggestion: 24 months -- minimum.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Jungle book looks lame and HMWW looks as bad as the first one. BvS should dominate the month.

It won't. The Boss will likely overtake it next weekend, and then it'll be making substantially less than what The Jungle Book (which will be big) and The Huntsman will be making.

1 minute ago, The Stingray said:

It baffles me that you have to post warnings like this every other day. People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy and you can't do that with these 24-hour bans. My suggestion: 24 months -- minimum.

How about 24 years?

laughing laugh funny face patrick stewart picard

• Like 1

GND2 generated tremendous online activity but I'm thinking it was inflated from 1) fans of the first movie and 2) the phrase itself, which is among the most popular Easter phrases.  Sales at my theater were modest and I'm not all that surprised with the preview number.  Would be great for PureFlix to see it have great legs, though.

Meet The Blacks should have been direct to DVD but there's generally a small segment of the underserved demographic to make a pointless release viable.

• Like 1

I just wanna say that I am officially leaving the Mods team. I wanted to tell you all at the same time. I will also send a PM to Tele explaining what led me to this. I am probably taking a break from the forums as well. I feel tired, stressed and this place has turned into death. I just don't have it in me anymore to stay. I don't look at this as a goodbye, more like a see you soon. I like almost everyone and I will miss them, but my time has come. 

giphy.gif

There are many gifs that I want to use as a goodbye so I will just put them all here or else it will kill this page. I am not good with speeches, so I will just use images to describe how I feel.

Spoiler

trolling.png

Happy April Fools' day! :ph34r:

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I just wanna say that I am officially leaving the Mods team. I wanted to tell you all at the same time. I will also send a PM to Tele explaining what led me to this. I am probably taking a break from the forums as well. I feel tired, stressed and this place has turned into death. I just don't have it in me anymore to stay. I don't look at this as a goodbye, more like a see you soon. I like almost everyone and I will miss them, but my time has come. 

giphy.gif

There are many gifs that I want to use as a goodbye so I will just put them all here or else it will kill this page.

Hide contents

trolling.png

Happy April Fools' day! :ph34r:

Right when I saw that spoiler tag I knew it was a joke :P 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

giphy.gif

There are many gifs that I want to use as a goodbye so I will just put them all here or else it will kill this page.

Reveal hidden contents

LOL right !!:OMG: you love this so much you will do this till the day you die

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

giphy.gif

Hide contents

trolling.png

Happy April's Fool day! :ph34r:

Sly-dog_zps9602eacc.gif

• Like 2