WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I just wanna say that I am officially leaving the Mods team. I wanted to tell you all at the same time. I will also send a PM to Tele explaining what led me to this. I am probably taking a break from the forums as well. I feel tired, stressed and this place has turned into death. I just don't have it in me anymore to stay. I don't look at this as a goodbye, more like a see you soon. I like almost everyone and I will miss them, but my time has come. 

giphy.gif

There are many gifs that I want to use as a goodbye so I will just put them all here or else it will kill this page. I am not good with speeches, so I will just use images to describe how I feel.

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't buy it for one second. :P

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I just wanna say that I am officially leaving the Mods team. I wanted to tell you all at the same time. I will also send a PM to Tele explaining what led me to this. I am probably taking a break from the forums as well. I feel tired, stressed and this place has turned into death. I just don't have it in me anymore to stay. I don't look at this as a goodbye, more like a see you soon. I like almost everyone and I will miss them, but my time has come. 

giphy.gif

There are many gifs that I want to use as a goodbye so I will just put them all here or else it will kill this page. I am not good with speeches, so I will just use images to describe how I feel.

Reveal hidden contents

Don't let the door hit you.

• Like 2

2nd WRITE THRU NOON UPDATE: Typically, the majors have wide releases previewing on Thursday night, but not this weekend. Hence, Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice remains the big guy again at the B.O. with a second session that’s estimated at $61M, -63% per noon matinee forecasts. BvS’ second Friday should come in at $18.5M, which is a 77% free fall from a week ago. Why so steep? Last Friday’s figure included $27.7M worth of Thursday previews. Theater count for BvS, superpowered by Imax, RealD, 4DX, 70MM, grows from 4,242 to 4,256. The best pre-summer second weekend belongs to Warner 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, abra said:

2nd WRITE THRU NOON UPDATE: Typically, the majors have wide releases previewing on Thursday night, but not this weekend. Hence, Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice remains the big guy again at the B.O. with a second session that’s estimated at $61M, -63% per noon matinee forecasts. BvS’ second Friday should come in at $18.5M, which is a 77% free fall from a week ago. Why so steep? Last Friday’s figure included $27.7M worth of Thursday previews. Theater count for BvS, superpowered by Imax, RealD, 4DX, 70MM, grows from 4,242 to 4,256. The best pre-summer second weekend belongs to Warner 

Thanks!

• Like 1

2nd WRITE THRU NOON UPDATE: Typically, the majors have wide releases previewing on Thursday night, but not this weekend. Hence, Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice remains the big guy again at the B.O. with a second session that’s estimated at $61M, -63% per noon matinee forecasts. BvS’ second Friday should come in at $18.5M, which is a 77% free fall from a week ago. Why so steep? Last Friday’s figure included $27.7M worth of Thursday previews. Theater count for BvS, superpowered by Imax, RealD, 4DX, 70MM, grows from 4,242 to 4,256. The best pre-summer second weekend belongs to Warner Bros.’ American Sniper with $64.6M. The disclaimer we run with matinee projections is that things could get better or worse by nightfall.

https://twitter.com/Deadline

• Like 1

• Community Manager
35 minutes ago, CJohn said:

giphy.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Oh thank god I was so nervous about having to fire-oh, it was an April Fool's joke? Never-mind them. :ph34r::P

• Like 8

Fifty seven percent of the conversation on Twitter following the film’s debut has been positive, according to social media tracking service Fizziology. Less than 10 percent of the tweets about the film have been negative, with the rest falling under the neutral banner. Fizziology says that reaction is in line with the reception for blockbusters such as “Furious 7” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

“I’ve never seen this kind of disconnect between critical reaction and fan reaction,” said Ben Carlson, founder of Fizziology. “A lot of the conversation was about how the reviews were wrong.”

The positive Twitter reception is also counterintuitive because “Batman v Superman” only received a mediocre B rating from CinemaScore. The tracking service is intended to measure audience sentiment, and in this case, the result signaled that fans enjoyed the movie far less than other Batman and Superman films such as “Man of Steel” and “The Dark Knight.” However, the CinemaScore improved with audiences under the age of 18 and under the age of 25, who handed the film an A- and a B+, a signal that younger, digitally engaged crowds like the film better.

• Like 2

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

Really early numbers, but $2M for God would be hilariously bad. Near 30% drop from the first one despite opening in 3 times as many theaters.

Melissa Joan Hart and Jesse Metcalfe, their powa!

• Like 1

• Community Manager

I kinda want to see God's Not Dead 2 when it comes to Netflix. The trailer shows it's one of the funniest comedies of the year. Way funnier than the Meet the Blacks comedy that's coming out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Really early numbers, but $2M for God would be hilariously bad. Near 30% drop from the first one despite opening in 3 times as many theaters.

My Derby is dead.

• Like 5