WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

8 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I kinda want to see God's Not Dead 2 when it comes to Netflix. The trailer shows it's one of the funniest comedies of the year. Way funnier than the Meet the Blacks comedy that's coming out.

I refuse to watch that but I might endure that torturous-looking new Garry Marshall Mother's Day movie that looks like the perfect present for those who hate their mothers.

Edit: on Netflix, that is. We ain't going to the theaters to hate-watch that shit.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

The articles about positive audience reactions are misleading...

Because saying a film is okay is also seen as positive.

Therefore saying films having a similar positive ratio is pointless. 

The intensity of how positive people are about a film is more useful data to determine word of mouth.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GND :rofl: I regret moving my prediction from 11M to 14M. Really is another Risen-Young Messiah situation here, only this time Miracles From Heaven is Risen. That third weekend drop is going to be BRUTAL

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Fifty seven percent of the conversation on Twitter following the film’s debut has been positive, according to social media tracking service Fizziology. Less than 10 percent of the tweets about the film have been negative, with the rest falling under the neutral banner. Fizziology says that reaction is in line with the reception for blockbusters such as “Furious 7” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

“I’ve never seen this kind of disconnect between critical reaction and fan reaction,” said Ben Carlson, founder of Fizziology. “A lot of the conversation was about how the reviews were wrong.”

The positive Twitter reception is also counterintuitive because “Batman v Superman” only received a mediocre B rating from CinemaScore. The tracking service is intended to measure audience sentiment, and in this case, the result signaled that fans enjoyed the movie far less than other Batman and Superman films such as “Man of Steel” and “The Dark Knight.” However, the CinemaScore improved with audiences under the age of 18 and under the age of 25, who handed the film an A- and a B+, a signal that younger, digitally engaged crowds like the film better.

So Bernie Sanders supporters tend to like this movie 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GND :rofl: I regret moving my prediction from 11M to 14M. Really is another Risen-Young Messiah situation here, only this time Miracles From Heaven is Risen. What's even funnier is a lot of theaters put it on two screens. That third weekend drop is going to be BRUTAL

It's obvious that The Young Messiah and God's Not Dead 2 have tapped into those Jesus fanboys and no one else.

Girls%20Prayer.cropped.jpg?n=4958

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GiantCALBears said:

Days to Zootopia overtaking BvS dailies?

Now that is optimistic for Zootopia. If I had to bet my money, I'd say that will never happen, and I'm probably the only Zootopia fanboy on this site.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Fifty seven percent of the conversation on Twitter following the film’s debut has been positive, according to social media tracking service Fizziology. Less than 10 percent of the tweets about the film have been negative, with the rest falling under the neutral banner. Fizziology says that reaction is in line with the reception for blockbusters such as “Furious 7” and “Avengers: Age of Ultron.”

“I’ve never seen this kind of disconnect between critical reaction and fan reaction,” said Ben Carlson, founder of Fizziology. “A lot of the conversation was about how the reviews were wrong.”

The positive Twitter reception is also counterintuitive because “Batman v Superman” only received a mediocre B rating from CinemaScore. The tracking service is intended to measure audience sentiment, and in this case, the result signaled that fans enjoyed the movie far less than other Batman and Superman films such as “Man of Steel” and “The Dark Knight.” However, the CinemaScore improved with audiences under the age of 18 and under the age of 25, who handed the film an A- and a B+, a signal that younger, digitally engaged crowds like the film better.

I knew I read this somewhere. Teens and young adults love this film. Gives me hope that cbm' s are evolving. 

Also, more evidence that this is a weekend movie. It all makes sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Now that is optimistic for Zootopia. If I had to bet my money, I'd say that will never happen, and I'm probably the only Zootopia fanboy on this site.

It will definitely happen at some point IMO based on BvS harsh drops, question is whether it's weeks or months.

1 hour ago, jj99 said:

I knew it was a joke, when he said "this place has turned into death."

the daily Cjohn meltdown has made the last week very entertaining.

More enjoyable than an art film.

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It will definitely happen at some point IMO based on BvS harsh drops, question is whether it's weeks or months.

I'd expect it'll happen in a little over 3 week's time

Edited by MrPink