WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Miracles from Heaven is turning out to be a nicely leggy hit and is on track for $65-70M. Yeah, you get that leggy hit, Jennifer. If only Miracles from Heaven could've outgrossed Batman v Superman :( (and no need to fire a warning at me mods, I ain't stirring any pots here, just cheering on Garner for having a hit around the same time her ex had a new movie that opened to $160M+. Movie aside, Marvel and DC lol).

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

TDK had some exciting chase scenes and a funny Joker. The entire first hour of BvS is people arguing with each other

What about TDKR? :sadben:

Just now, MrPink said:

I woke up today with the biggest headache ever, I'm thinking the BvS number literally gave me cancer 

I need to get out of here. I have things to do :sadben: 

• Like 4

Just now, Fey said:

Nintendo is currently on the market with the biggest failure from any of the big console manufacturers since the Dreamcast. They are not "at the top" of gaming anymore. :lol:

On topic: Damn @ all of this. Can't say I'm not pleased though. I'm a huge fan of the DCU and would much rather see the movies done right than continue witnessing whatever Snyder is doing to it.

And yet they're not hurting. Add in all that cash they're sitting on from the Wii/DS era plus the success of the 3DS. Nintendo is a great position in the gaming market.

People have saying Nintendo is doomed for over 20 years and still haven't gone the way of Sega. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BATMOOSEMIKE said:

What about Star wars: Rogue one?

Remember when Star wars VII made a trillion gazillion dollars?

Its budget is going to be a lot higher than Deadpool's. And even if it makes $1B, it still won't be as profitable. Plus the hype for Rouge one isn't the same as Star Wars VII. 

Just now, Jayhawk said:

TDK has a ton of funny moments. Although I'm not surprised the heads of the DCEU took all the wrong lessons from what made that movie one of the biggest hits of all-time. Compared to Snyder, Nolan is a master of subtlety.

Everyone doesn't need to be gloomy and mad for a movie to be dark. It's more impactful when dark things happen to generally happy characters!

• Like 2

Just now, Nova said:

Its budget is going to be a lot higher than Deadpool's. And even if it makes $1B, it still won't be as profitable. Plus the hype for Rouge one isn't the same as Star Wars VII. 

Yeah, the next SW film to rival TFA would be Episode VIII.

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I was sure someone was going to say that, but you cannot say for a fact that BvS is a bad movie. Because opinions are not facts, that's just it. 

If you hate the film, you will not accept our explanations as to why it's a risky film, but all I can say is that it does not follow the template of a superhero film and that works against it in major ways. Deadpool is Deadpool, it struck a chord with the audience, for some reason, thank the marketing, thank Ryan, it's its own thing, an anomaly. 

About JL, stop dreaming, it's shooting on April 11th, it's not being delayed, it's being repeated over and over again, Terrio said the film (and I can't say this enough) would be much lighter, I'm sure WB saw this coming in one way or another and already made adjustements behind the scenes, hell, they probably should have released the ultimate cut considering it tested positively. 

DC is just different and I think will never be embraced as much as Marvel is, but that's okay, as long as it makes dough. 900 million WW would still be a success, it should have made more, bla bla,  yeah, with better reviews and without all that negative publicity and mixed WOM. WB is on a learning curve.

The way B and S conflict ends is cringe worthy and stupid. It's silly. And again, I don't hate the movie. It was OK (6/10 as I said previously).

How do you explain Nolan trilogy doing so well, both financially and critically?  Just don't say it's Nolan's name that's responsible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

They spent $200M on the Green Lantern. Anything is possible when it comes to WB. 

Fortunately I didn't watch this movie...

By the way, is WB still afraid of Green Lantern?  Wasn't Dan Amboyer in BVS? I don't even remember seeing him in this one, lol.

35 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Well I guess making a kids' movie that is completely inaccessible to kids is really stupid, who woulda thought

This + reviews. Let's move on.

4 minutes ago, Focus said:

And yet they're not hurting. Add in all that cash they're sitting on from the Wii/DS era plus the success of the 3DS. Nintendo is a great position in the gaming market.

People have saying Nintendo is doomed for over 20 years and still haven't gone the way of Sega. :lol:

Nintendo has all of that cash that they saved, so even if they are in a bad position, the company is cash rich. Which is too bad because they'd be a nice takeover target for Disney with all of the IP that Nintendo has like Mario and Link. But, with all of that cash, Nintendo would never sell the company.

Edited by Walt Disney

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I woke up today with the biggest headache ever, I'm thinking the BvS number literally gave me cancer 

Wait til we see the Saturday number :sadben:

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

If BVS fails to make 1 billion worldwide, things will change....forever!

If WB doesn't fire Snyder, at least they should bring a co-director to help him. Besides, I don't think Snyder's health is doing good. I've just seen his latest pics. It seems that dude lost almost 20 pounds. It's insane.

Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are risky movies. DCU future is on their hands. I'm actually more excited to watch them, than I was excited to see BVS. I also deeply believe SS and WW will get better reviews. I just hope WB doesn't spend 200 or 350 million for these flicks. That's batshit crazy.

WB rushed their DC universe. How can we have a Justice League movie without getting solo movies for Aquaman, Cyborg and Batman?

I thought I was the only one who noticed that. Guy looks pale and frail in a lot of photos lately. Maybe that's just the toll of making a movie like this but damn...

1 minute ago, TommyA10 said:

The way B and S conflict ends is cringe worthy and stupid. It's silly. And again, I don't hate the movie. It was OK (6/10 as I said previously).

How do you explain Nolan trilogy doing so well, both financially and critically?  Just don't say it's Nolan's name that's responsible.

It's Nolan's name that's responsible.

• Like 5

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Fortunately I didn't watch this movie...

By the way, is WB still afraid of Green Lantern?  Wasn't Dan Amboyer in BVS? I don't even remember seeing him in this one, lol.

They're so afraid of the Green Lantern that they have no idea who is going to play the Green Lantern or how to reintroduce him to the GA. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively have left their mark on WB. 

• Like 1