WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

So was Green Lantern a risky movie for DC? Or does it look too bright to be considered such? 

It was meant to be their Iron Man (and was going to be the kick-off movie of the DCCU) and completely flopped.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

So was Green Lantern a risky movie for DC? Or does it look too bright to be considered such? 

The Green Lantern was perfect. It gave us the lovely couple that is Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. It also allowed Ryan Reynolds to reprise his role as Deadpool and give us the Deadpool movie we all deserve. I call it a win-win situation...oh we are talking about DC/WB. Lose-lose situation for them. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

To be fair, this sloppiness is what makes the Nolan trilogy endearing to me. He shoots few takes and obviously pays little regard to extras, so no more dead cops is like the best thing ever

Get out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BATMOOSEMIKE said:

What about Star wars: Rogue one?

Remember when Star wars VII made a trillion gazillion dollars?

SW:RO will have a higher budget than 55m dollars.

Edited to say holy shit I just realized BvS is going to make less in its 2nd weekend than it cost to make Deadpool. Fox is laughing right now.

Edited by eddyxx

Just now, MrPink said:

To be fair, this sloppiness is what makes the Nolan trilogy endearing to me. He shoots few takes and obviously pays little regard to extras, so no more dead cops is like the best thing ever

I love the guy who keeps blinking behind Bruce during Chill's trial.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, #ED said:

We're not.

That being said, it's clear Reviews/WOM were irrelevant during it's OW but killed its legs.

Back to Nolan talk...

So either Nolan or Affleck should direct the solo Batman movie and the JL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nova said:

So either Nolan or Affleck should direct the solo Batman movie and the JL. 

Nolan and Hans Zimmer have moved on. Nolan needs no part in this DC, DCDU, DCEU thing. Nope. He's done his job.

10 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

Nintendo has all of that cash that they saved, so even if they are in a bad position, the company is cash rich. Which is too bad because they'd be a nice takeover target for Disney with all of the IP that Nintendo has like Mario and Link. But, with all of that cash, Nintendo would never sell the company.

Universal wouldn't like that deal either. Comcast is dropping big money into the Nintendo sections of the Universal parks (and rumor has it they bought a majority stake in Universal Studios Japan just so they could fast track the Nintendo projects).

Edited by cookie

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

This movie is a good lesson to studio execs, make a good movie and people will come, make a bad movie and they stay away. Simple. 

They didn't spend 3 years and $400m trying to make a bad movie.  No one does.

Then again, they hired Snyder... again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It was meant to be their Iron Man (and was going to be the kick-off movie of the DCCU) and completely flopped.

I dont think i knew this. So the DCEU has had THREE problematic starts. Good god...

Edited by tonytr87