kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Fire Affleck and Cavill and cast her as both Batman and Superman going forward please.

and Wonder Woman

TheBoss3.jpg

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

This movie has more characters than both of the avengers , and yes , it's the first time spiderman will join the MCU universe and the first time for black panther.Spiderman was the whole point of the second trailer too and the thing everyone talked about after the second trailer. Marvel could have kept Spiderman hidden till the movie but they used him in the second trailer for a reason and for marketing purposes. Not that it's a bad thing , I think it's very smart. I'm just baffled by people saying they didn't use spiderman to hype the movie.

He showed up in the second trailer but i'd hardly say he was "the whole point". Hes basically had as much marketing screen-time as Doomsday did for BvS so far. Its nice that hes there but this movie isn't being marketed around the idea of "Spider-Man meets the Avengers".

Just now, The47th said:

Hands down to Melissa McCarthy, to be honest. Her star power is undeniable. This bodes well for Ghostbusters.

Seriously. At this point her name alone is enough to sell a movie (FWIW the gender split was 50/50 at my showing last night and across different age groups so clearly she's not just a draw to one demographic in particular).

The success of The Boss really makes me wonder how Ghostbusters is going to do. I'm only expecting 90-115M right now but almost all of McCarthy's regular crowd will show up, it has a brand name, and it's generated so much controversy people will be curious.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The success of The Boss really makes me wonder how Ghostbusters is going to do. I'm only expecting 90-115M right now but almost all of McCarthy's regular crowd will show up, it has a brand name, and it's generated so much controversy people will be curious.

I have it pegged for at least a $50M opening right now. The curiosity factor is going to be big, and it'll certainly be one of the more distinctive-looking movies of all the heavy-hitters.

Edited by filmlover

4 hours ago, a2knet said:

ZOOTP will be at 296m after a 14.3m (according to Deadline) weekend.

So just 27m away from SHREK3. That's less than 2x more (14.3 x 2 = 28.6).

imo SHREK3 is surely going down despite TJB's competition.

ZOOTP is too far into it's run and that too with a great reception for any competition to deal a huge blow (55-60% drop like the one KFP3 suffered when ZOOTP opened).

Considering the great holds ZOOTP has been having, even a big drop would mean 45-50% at most against TJB.

40-45% won't surprise me either.

Am betting on 326-331m dom total (30-35m more after this weekend of 14.3m).

BVS will be on 296.25m after a 23m weekend. So neck and neck with ZOOTP, with a bigger weekend but worse trending.

How much can BVS add after a 23m weekend?

Am thinking 35-40m more for 331-336m.

So it's gonna be close. Next weekend is gonna be a blast for BO followers.

Im thinking Zootopia late legs will be better than you have there.  Lorax made about 16M after an inflated 5M Easter weekend.  That would translate to about 42-43M.  Yeah BvS may take the lead for a week or two but Zoo should overtake it at the end.  Still a lot closer than people would've though a month ago.

• Like 1

I don't know why people keep thinking that Ghostbusters is going to be hated by public, the movie is having an amazing run at Twitter tracking, I never saw a comedy movie with so much buzz there, and, even if the movie is actually hated by critics, will it affect the WOM? IT had an almost 4.0x multiple even with the terrible reviews