Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Could people who understand what's going on in the tracking thread tell me if 100M OW is possible (yes I know about D+ Premium)? I want to join the BW Over 100M OW Club but I don't want to jinx it if the number isn't realistic. 

Endgame went $357M+ for a weekend.  Theaters are at a minimum 50% capacity, and will be more by July.  Only about 5-10% of theaters closed.  So, if you take 40%ish of Endgame, you can easily make $150M right now.  So, it's possible.  Capacity won't hold back the number from getting to 100M...now, it probably would for 200M b/c Fast won't get dropped and neither will any July 2 movies...

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Orestes said:

California AMC added bunches of new showtimes today, including premium formats which were missing before.

Thanks for the heads up.   

Looks like Metreon is still lacking PLFs though 😔

On 6/14/2021 at 4:30 PM, TwoMisfits said:

Endgame went $357M+ for a weekend.  Theaters are at a minimum 50% capacity, and will be more by July.  Only about 5-10% of theaters closed.  So, if you take 40%ish of Endgame, you can easily make $150M right now.  So, it's possible.  Capacity won't hold back the number from getting to 100M...now, it probably would for 200M b/c Fast won't get dropped and neither will any July 2 movies...

Awesome! Big thanks! Joining the Club now! :stirthepot:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valonqar said:

definitely. They filmed parts in Imax and that's always awe-inspiring to see as intended. 

It's just formatted for IMAX. Which just means they just un-crop the image for select scenes (for Digital IMAX theatre ratio majority of the time, which is just shorter than 16:9 but above 2.39 : 1, very rarely has a film been formatted for the full IMAX ratio). Technically they could do it for the whole film. The whole of Blade Runner 2049 was formatted late into the post-production process for Digital IMAX ratio. Deakins talked about how they had to go back and erase boom mics and other things popping into shot because it wasn't intended. 

Spoiler

IMAX as a brand is a bit diluted at this point.

It started with the original 70MM IMAX with the tall aspect ratio, incredible picture quality etc. Innovative use for feature filmmaking and spectacle on The Dark Knight and so on from then. I think less than 20 feature films have shot on real 70MM IMAX. You're guaranteed to get it with every Nolan feature from here on out. 

Then the Digital IMAX theatres which are the majority now don't go nearly as tall, though most Laser IMAX's will offer the full ratio.

So the formatting for IMAX films will usually go for the Digital IMAX ratio. Off the top of my head I think Lion King and Tron Legacy are the only formatted for IMAX films to use the full IMAX ratio. 

Then Digital IMAX cameras which are things like the Alexa 65 or Sony Venice with and an IMAX logo smacked on them, so they can sell the thing as being shot on IMAX. 

I think even then whatever IMAX version of a film we're getting wether it's real, formatted, completely arbitrary cameras at least you know you're probably getting the best version of that film when seeing it. 

Hell I know I'm seeing this in IMAX.

Edited by FilmFincher
  • Like 1

Social media embargo lifts tomorrow it seems... That's extremely early, the movie should be pretty good

If i can bet, i feel reviews talking more deeply about the action and the spectacle along the story will also be allowed kinda soon to boost pre sales and the "need to see in theaters" vibe.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

When he says "tomorrow" does he mean tomorrow as in midnight or some other arbitrary timeframe?

I think it’s 9:00am(pt), so noon est. 

Edited by cax16