Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

I feel like this drama around Scott Menzel brutal reaction are overshadowing the great reactions the movie got.

He is only one of idk 40 people talking about it, he's the only one with truly bad thoughts about it (and 2 other mixed). All the rest have very good things to talk about it, and are saying the movie delivered pretty much everything people expect, even if it's not perfect obviously.

But still people on social media are so focused on Scott that almost feels like the reactions are mixed or something because of him, people really need to stop with this hate train and work on this increasing difficult to deal with different opinions.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yep I missed BP. So 3rd. In my defense I just looked as back as IW forgetting BP was in 2018.

Anyhow, I wasn't being aggressive or being offensive there. Don't know what I said which demanded "stop this". All I said "many more quite odd takes, so not someone I will be taking reaction personally."

Which was again in line of my previous post that, it is better to read the reaction with history of the person giving reaction in mind. That's it.

I'm saying stop trying to claim a critic is DC biased or has an agenda against Marvel. Even changing it to "personal taste/preference" in the case of Menzel is far from accurate when he has positive reviews for 7 of Marvel's last 9 movies.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm saying stop trying to claim a critic is DC biased or has an agenda against Marvel. Even changing it to "personal taste/preference" in the case of Menzel is far from accurate when he has positive reviews for 7 of Marvel's last 9 movies.

1. For record, I do think BW will be an average film. So I am not saying Menzel or for that matter anyone saying BW is bad is wrong.

2. What I said is that Menzel has preference for DC films (which is absolutely/perfectly fine, we all are allowed to have preferences). He has some weird (not matching me) takes like FB2 8.5/10, PoTC5 9/10, Captain Marvel 9/10. Due to these "I personally" won't be taking his views seriously. In my original comment I did named FFH as rotten and also mentioned that I actually agree with that.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Saving my hard earned money for bigger and more interesting looking films.

Most likely Delhi won't open cinemas in July so quite possibly it won't release there till July end atleast. Also possible that PVR and INOX don't release the movie considering they skipped Raya.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

1. For record, I do think BW will be an average film. So I am not saying Menzel or for that matter anyone saying BW is bad is wrong.

2. What I said is that Menzel has preference for DC films (which is absolutely/perfectly fine, we all are allowed to have preferences). He has some weird (not matching me) takes like FB2 8.5/10, PoTC5 9/10, Captain Marvel 9/10. Due to these "I personally" won't be taking his views seriously. In my original comment I did named FFH as rotten and also mentioned that I actually agree with that.

I'll add to this that I also agree that FFH is a rotten film (and multiple other recent Marvel films), and I'm not particularly looking forward to BW either. All of that is fine, but you cannot ignore that he has positive reviews for a whopping 88% of all films he has reviewed (that are on RT). That does not scream "clearly he has a preference for DC", he just finds things to like about most movies in general.

Edited by Lucas

You mean the movie that's two years past due, eight years past its hype, about a character who is dead, and starring an actress who half the fans want to forget exists, isn't getting 14/10 BEST MOVIE EVER reviews?!?!?

GKmE.gif

At this point I don't care if it's good or bad.  I just want it to be good enough to get people to see it in a movie theater.

• Like 2

I suspect their most well received movies this year will be the last ones (Eternals because feels fresh and different / Spider because of how gigantic is shaping up to be).

BW and Shang Chi seems like DS and other smaller MCU movies. Serves for new content, to present characters, close some arcs, but won't make huge impact. I expect both to have RT score in the 80's and average on the lows 7.0. 

Edited by ThomasNicole

1 minute ago, Cap said:

You mean the movie that's two years past due, eight years past its hype, and is starring an actress -- who half the fans want to forget exists -- playing a character who is dead, isn't getting 14/10 BEST MOVIE EVER reviews?!?!?

GKmE.gif

At this point I don't care if it's good or bad.  I just want it to be good enough to get people to see it in a movie theater.

Agreed, and happily action sequences are getting lots of praise. This is what will make people go to theater, so i think we're fine.

• Like 2

Yea I’m not too hyped for this one.  I’ll be more interested in Yelenas content afterwards. 

but this movie is going to do really well at theaters simply bc it’s Marvel and the first real massive blockbuster to release. 

doesn’t help that it’s being overshadowed in the MCU by Loki

Edited by HouseOfTheSun

pizza fire GIF

In all serious I don't know why people are getting so worked up about reviews, there are plenty of poorly reviewed movies I like and plenty of well reviewed movies I dislike.

I also doubt that reviews have a major impact on box office in the modern day, fan reception is much more important, Greatest Showman and Aladdin are two of the leggiest films in recent history and both got middling (at best) critical reviews but audiences loved them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1