Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

3 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Marketing expenses don’t really kick off until the next trailer. Guess they figure (probably correctly) that they can wait another week or two to delay. Even if F9 snatches the Aug 7 date, they can put this in Free Guy or Jungle Cruise’s spot and move them to wherever.

The drop dead date for delay will be when it comes time to sign the contract with the theaters for the film. Once that happens, Disney is legally obligated to open the film on that date, with some pretty stiff finiancial penalties,a world of legal problems, and a blow to their business reputation if they decide to cancel after the contracts are signed.

THye probably have a three or four weeks on that regard; hint:Theaters wait until the contract is signed before they start presales.

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

115M would be the lowest May MCU movie opening since the first Thor in 2011? 

they're low-balling, this should do closer to GotG 2 or Captain Marvel numbers 

Look what's happening to Onward. Those numbers are quite plausible.

Without the corona hysteria then I would agree with you completely.

38 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

115M would be the lowest May MCU movie opening since the first Thor in 2011? 

they're low-balling, this should do closer to GotG 2 or Captain Marvel numbers 

Won’t necessarily be a May opening, but it was probably going to be the lowest since Thor without covid. I mean, “lowest MCU May opening since Thor” could still be a top 30 all-time OW.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

As long as it does over $100m opening weekend I’m fine with it. Although it would be nice to see it beating Captain Marvel. 

I'm bored with Marvel's stuff lately, but yeah, this already looks relatively better than Captain Marvel in numerous ways. 

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

They should just put it on Disney+ on May 1st as a motivation to boost subscribers during the inevitable quarantines

Do people think we'll be living in 28 Days Later or some shit in May? The people most impacted by the virus are the very young, the very old, or people with immune system issues. Some people are acting like this is the apocalypse.

• Like 2

Do people think we'll be living in 28 Days Later or some shit in May? The people most impacted by the virus are the very young, the very old, or people with immune system issues. Some people are acting like this is the apocalypse.

Whether or not we trust in the science, the fact is that the way in which governments and business are combating the spread of COVID-19 is impacting the entertainment business. The emergency response will continue to affect the entertainment business through the next several months. So, studios will have to adjust. It’s simply a practical matter.

Also, don’t take offense, but to shrug your shoulders at the possible deaths of the young and old and sick is inhuman. Swap in Black or Jew as demographic descriptors to really hear how absurd your statement sounds. The responsibility of government is to save lives and that’s what they’re trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Burgess said:

also, don’t take offense, but to shrug your shoulders at the possible deaths of the young and old and sick is inhuman. Swap in Black or Jew as demographic descriptors to really hear how absurd your statement sounds. The responsibility of government is to save lives and that’s what they’re trying to do.

Oh fuck off. You know that's not what I was saying, save that holier than thou bullshit for somewhere else. I'm saying that there's not going to be some kind of mass population quarantine like this is the disease from Planet of the Apes or some shit, and that teens/young adults (Marvels biggest target demographics) are still going to be able to go to the movies two months from now.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This could get moved as well though I am hoping it does not come to that. It scares me big time if situation is bad in 2 months. I could see Disney delay PS until late to delay the decision. 

Nah Disney being ballsy with this. Very slight chance that it gets delayed.

Edited by Saul Goodman
  • Like 1

Oh fuck off. You know that's not what I was saying, save that holier than thou bullshit for somewhere else. I'm saying that there's not going to be some kind of mass population quarantine like this is the disease from Planet of the Apes or some shit, and that teens/young adults (Marvels biggest target demographics) are still going to be able to go to the movies two months from now.

No, I didn’t know what you were trying to say. It helps to actually just say what you mean like you did in the above post.

You don’t know that there won’t be a mass quarantine or restrictions of public gatherings. The Chinese quarantined 50 million people for a couple of months so the scenario you say won’t happen did happen for one major country. It doesn’t take a 28 Days Later-style quarantine to cripple an economy or stop teenagers from going to the movies.

6 hours ago, Burgess said:

You don’t know that there won’t be a mass quarantine or restrictions of public gatherings. The Chinese quarantined 50 million people for a couple of months so the scenario you say won’t happen did happen for one major country. It doesn’t take a 28 Days Later-style quarantine to cripple an economy or stop teenagers from going to the movies.

America isn't China. They don't have the capability to quarantine millions of people.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Burgess said:

Whether or not we trust in the science, the fact is that the way in which governments and business are combating the spread of COVID-19 is impacting the entertainment business. The emergency response will continue to affect the entertainment business through the next several months. So, studios will have to adjust. It’s simply a practical matter.

Also, don’t take offense, but to shrug your shoulders at the possible deaths of the young and old and sick is inhuman. Swap in Black or Jew as demographic descriptors to really hear how absurd your statement sounds. The responsibility of government is to save lives and that’s what they’re trying to do.

I think in the US that the fact that, frankly, the ball has been dropped badly on the virus is making the fear factor worse.

For further details go the politics section...

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

America isn't China. They don't have the capability to quarantine millions of people.

We have the capacity,but you would have to throw out a lot of basic constituional liberties on a scale never seen before to carry it out.