Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Bob Chapek's gonna have a real quick tenure as CEO then

Very difficult to prove deception when one can instead claim optimism/obliviousness.   

Anyway to be clear I don’t think they’re lying to shareholders. I just hope it 😛 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, TMP said:

Isn't that illegal, lol

In the official quarterly reports, yes, lying to the stockholders is considered fraud.

But lying in a speech or a unofficial letter to stockholder, is, however wrong, not fraud.

I think you guys are reading too much into this. All it means is that no decision has been made yet. They can always change their minds in the future. Obviously they're not going to announce a delay on a shareholders call that would be ridiculous.

• Like 2

the Governor of Washington just imposed new strict restrictions on public gatherings; No public meetings of more then 250 people will be allowed.

So we will have the first mandatory theater closures in the US. Don't think this is ot setting off alarms in every studio...

Well chances are they have a plan B if they delay this movie, hence why the ticket selling was withheld. Of course no one is gonna bring the doom and gloom at a shareholders' meeting. But I noticed USA gov't as a whole has yet to press the panic button. Events are still pushing through in most States, so why would the Disney board not placate its shareholders?

Mulan was unlucky with its schedule, but companies already are anticipating big losses this year, tourism the most. If they choose to stagger their releases, then they might at least not bomb the movie. Guess we'll just see how it plays out.

Edit. Closing of the Disney parks in Asia were done when the governments ordered everything to close. We'll see how USA handles this thing.

Edited by sahmeelg

10 minutes ago, TLK said:

How are its trailer views so far compared to captain marvel ? Youtube views seem a bit weak but I wasn't tracking Captain Marvel. 

you know this seems totally irrevelent in view of all that is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLK said:

How are its trailer views so far compared to captain marvel ? Youtube views seem a bit weak but I wasn't tracking Captain Marvel. 

Significantly lower than CM trailer 2, and not even close to the first trailer. I think with everything going on it just doesn't feel that important right now.

• Like 2