Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

If a bunch of movies get delayed till next year I wonder what they'll do with the Oscars. Just count the movies that did get released? Could make for a fun show if movies that wouldn't have normally been nominated ended up getting some lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

If a bunch of movies get delayed till next year I wonder what they'll do with the Oscars. Just count the movies that did get released? Could make for a fun show if movies that wouldn't have normally been nominated ended up getting some lol

Jim Carrey best supporting actor let's goooooooooo

• Thanks 1

The earliest month I see Black Widow being released in is November 2020, and of course they would have to move The Eternals if that’s when Black Widow gets moved to. The latest month I see Black Widow being delayed to is March 2021. Although, March 2021 is less likely due to the fact that that’s when Shang Chi releases to theaters. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 5:32 PM, cheesypoofs said:

They'll cancel next year's Oscars at that point. But I don't see the situation getting bad enough that that happens.

With filming not yet complete, there's a very realistic chance that Falcon and Winter Soldier will not be ready to debut by the planned August release date. 

We could be looking at a significant wait for new MCU content.

13 hours ago, Sean B said:

The earliest month I see Black Widow being released in is November 2020, and of course they would have to move The Eternals if that’s when Black Widow gets moved to. The latest month I see Black Widow being delayed to is March 2021. Although, March 2021 is less likely due to the fact that that’s when Shang Chi releases to theaters. 

They will probably just bump everything by 1 Nov 2020 BW. Feb 2021 Eternals, May Shang-Chi ect..

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kitik said:

With filming not yet complete, there's a very realistic chance that Falcon and Winter Soldier will not be ready to debut by the planned August release date. 

We could be looking at a significant wait for new MCU content.

I thought they had already finshed filming Falcon and Winter Soldier. I saw a picture for the filming production wrap for WandaVision too. 

10 minutes ago, Kalo said:

They will probably just bump everything by 1 Nov 2020 BW. Feb 2021 Eternals, May Shang-Chi ect..

Yeah, I could see that happen. Black Widow is definitely going to have to be moved to a later date in 2020, and I think November 2020 would be ideal assuming the corona virus epidemic is over by then. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I have been saying that for weeks, but I think we may not get much in 2021 either as Marvel Studios has closed down during the Virus, I don’t think Strange 2 or Thor 4 will make 2021 anymore cause of it as it’s not far along to make it, here’s my guess for Phase 4:

Black Widow - 11/6/20

The Falcon and Winter Soldier - December 2020

The Eternals - 2/12/21

WandaVision - Spring 2021

Spider-Man 3: A Sony Surprise - 5/7/21

Marvel’s What If - Summer 2021

Shang Chi - 11/5/21

Loki - Holiday 2021

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 2/18/22

She Hulk - 2022

Black Panther 2 - 5/6/22

Thor: Love and Thunder - July 2022

Moon Knight - 2022

Ant Man 3 - October 2022

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I have been saying that for weeks, but I think we may not get much in 2021 either as Marvel Studios has closed down during the Virus, I don’t think Strange 2 or Thor 4 will make 2021 anymore cause of it as it’s not far along to make it, here’s my guess for Phase 4:

Black Widow - 11/6/20

The Falcon and Winter Soldier - December 2020

The Eternals - 2/12/21

WandaVision - Spring 2021

Spider-Man 3: A Sony Surprise - 5/7/21

Marvel’s What If - Summer 2021

Shang Chi - 11/5/21

Loki - Holiday 2021

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 2/18/22

She Hulk - 2022

Black Panther 2 - 5/6/22

Thor: Love and Thunder - July 2022

Moon Knight - 2022

Ant Man 3 - October 2022

I'm pretty sure Dr Strange 2 can make it by Nov 2021. The first film started production in Nov 2015 and premiered in October 2016.

Edited by lorddemaxus

It is looking even more likely to me that BW slides into May 2021, and Eternals to Nov 2021.

On the bright side, this is Marvel we're talking about. They are a machine at putting out quality films on time and on budget. If BW were a Jim Cameron film... well, let's say I'd be looking for dates in 2023 or 2024 

Edited by doublejack
added some humor
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, kitik said:

Bob Iger officially announced it would debut in August during the quarterly investors call about 6 or 7 weeks ago.

And?  A whole lot of things changed in the past six or seven weeks... I expect whole release schedules on film and TV will, as well. 

Just now, Macleod said:

And?  A whole lot of things changed in the past six or seven weeks... I expect whole release schedules on film and TV will, as well. 

Did you mean to respond to someone else? I was responding to someone about Falcon and Winter Soldier.

There's no question at this point that both movie and tv schedules are going to face a massive upheaval.

1 minute ago, kitik said:

Did you mean to respond to someone else? I was responding to someone about Falcon and Winter Soldier.

There's no question at this point that both movie and tv schedules are going to face a massive upheaval.

Yes, I mean Falcon.  Everything that wasn't completely finished before the virus shutdown will shift schedule.