Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

On 3/31/2020 at 3:31 PM, ddddeeee said:

I'm not crazy on Deathly Hallows Part II (you can hear the producers breathing down his neck) but Godzilla and Valerian are absolutely brilliant.

Balfe is brought on all these movies with a few weeks to score for a reason - he's a craftsman. He gets the job done, but it's never anything special. His Fallout score was so limp compared to what Kraemer did with Rogue Nation.

DH2's score is probably one of my favorites in the series. What do you think of DH1's score? It seems right up your alley. I did love his Godzilla score, too. 

I would actually argue his talent is more apparent in bigger films. 

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

And now move Eternals to Christmas. Dewit.

That wont happen as Disney would want it to release on Imax. All the dates above were reserved by Disney earlier and so it makes logical sense to move to those dates. 

That said I am not sure if Avatar sequel will release on time with delay in production. Jim takes his sweet time to get his movies ready and so I could see it delay to 2022 and so everything moves a year(including SW trilogy) and so next christmas will be open as well. 

• Like 4

Just now, charlie Jatinder said:

When you have the biggest brand, you order for screens not request. If Disney can get 60% Distributor Shares, IMAX screens is left hand's work

Nah. Still cannot override earlier contracts with other big studios. This is not just between Imax and disney. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

When you have the biggest brand, you order for screens not request. If Disney can get 60% Distributor Shares, IMAX screens is left hand's work

That's not how this works lmao. Disney has gotta also order WB and Paramount to give IMAX screens to Eternals.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nah. Still cannot override earlier contracts with other big studios. This is not just between Imax and disney. 

It's simple bro. No one mind money. When in clash, Exhibitor will go to the film which will give more money.

I am not sure how things work in North America but in majority of other countries including India its the bigger film take all.

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If not Eternals, bring Thor 4 on Christmas 2021. Anyhow, how idiotic is putting film on 7th/8th May, leaving April last week holidays in various countries and May day. For the biggest box office brand, Disney always fucks up MCU release dates.

Probably OS release will be week earlier as happened many times before. i doubt Disney will need to follow Endgame playbook of releasing everywhere on the same week. Problem with last week of April is Memorial weekend is too late in its run and if OW is not big that will have a big impact on overall BO.