Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

Spoiler

Doing a prequel makes a lot more sense to me, now. I don't think this can be considered a spoiler, since it is all over Twitter at this point. I tagged it as such out of an abundance of caution.

Edited by doublejack

My buddy left yesterday to go to Orlando and his hotel where he’ll be staying, along with the players, for the next couple months. He works on the production side of things and he said was told that they’ll get to see Black Widow early as well; not just the players. 

He’s not some die hard MCU fan but he does enjoy the movies so I’m interested to see what he thinks about. 

3 hours ago, junkshop36 said:

My buddy left yesterday to go to Orlando and his hotel where he’ll be staying, along with the players, for the next couple months. He works on the production side of things and he said was told that they’ll get to see Black Widow early as well; not just the players. 

He’s not some die hard MCU fan but he does enjoy the movies so I’m interested to see what he thinks about. 

Do they have theatres there that it'll be screening at? Or some other delivery method? Seems ripe for piracy depending on how it's done and how much they gaf about keeping access controlled.

51 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Do they have theatres there that it'll be screening at? Or some other delivery method? Seems ripe for piracy depending on how it's done and how much they gaf about keeping access controlled.

Not sure. I’ll have to ask him. I don’t think they’re letting them leave the hotel except to work for the most part. He did say that they might let them go one night to Star Wars Galaxies. He’s in a temporary hotel right now. He goes Monday to the hotel where all the players will be. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gamora said:

My assumption is it'll be VOD to the hotel room. Although that's just an educated guess. I think there's a significant risk of spoilers from this, and at least a little risk the whole movie leaks. I really don't understand Disney's decision here. Or maybe I'm just bitter I won't get to see this movie for something like another year.

On 7/9/2020 at 3:18 AM, doublejack said:

My assumption is it'll be VOD to the hotel room. Although that's just an educated guess. I think there's a significant risk of spoilers from this, and at least a little risk the whole movie leaks. I really don't understand Disney's decision here. Or maybe I'm just bitter I won't get to see this movie for something like another year.

It's kinda blowing my mind that they're actually doing this as well, and I'll be super pissed if it leaks. Spoilers will be bad enough but the film itself leaking will be awful. Although who knows when we'll get to see it, and when it does release what it can even do box office-wise anyway. Sigh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gamora said:

It's kinda blowing my mind that they're actually doing this as well, and I'll be super pissed if it leaks. Spoilers will be bad enough but the film itself leaking will be awful. Although who knows when we'll get to see it, and when it does release what it can even do box office-wise anyway. Sigh.

On the other side, Disney will likely know who did it.

4 hours ago, Gamora said:

If it leaks, the way I look at it is that this was supposed to be out two months ago.

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

Does this has any hope of 1B in November? I stopped following covid-19 long time ago but I was predicting 1B way before the trailer. I think it had a legit chance then but I don't know what are expectations given the virus.

Edited by Valonqar

14 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Does this has any hope of 1B in November? I stopped following covid-19 long time ago but I was predicting 1B way before the trailer. I think it had a legit chance then but I don't know what are expectations given the virus.

I don’t think anything is sniffing a billion anytime soon. I was thinking Thor Ragnarok numbers for BW prior to the pandemic, now I’m thinking 600-700 million as best case scenario.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

No way. I think this moves to next year anyway.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2