Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

July 9. D+.

Personally I’m glad because I’ll be able to watch it at home, but moving it to July AND Disney+ seems kind of foolish given how things are starting to pick up. You’d have thought they’ve have at least seen how GvK performed before doing this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

If they are moving it to July 9th, then why not a straight theatrical release with a window? Theaters will have opened by then and capacity restrictions likely loosened.  

Because a lot of people are still not comfortable going to theaters and that won't change in a few months. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

July and PA? Lmao. Would have understood May 7th PA but July seems unnecessary. Disney panicked here. Well, at least I know I'll be seeing it in theaters opening night. 

The situation is very, very bad, at least in Europe. No way it settles for many months come. Theaters are closed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

If they are moving it to July 9th, then why not a straight theatrical release with a window? Theaters will have opened by then and capacity restrictions likely loosened.  

7 minutes ago, datpepper said:

Beyond stupid move. Delay to July 9 and Premier Access?

Good luck to theaters this summer, I guess.

This is a bit of reverse reasoning because of precedent, normally the question why does a studio respect the theatrical windows ? Disney probably sense they will be so down by july that for a Marvel movie most will be ready to accept almost anything if you give them 50% of the ticket sales if popcorns sales are being reinstated again in most market, here vaccination should be done by mid june and I imagine that will be somewhat common.

Disney must be making more from PA than people realIze and certainly more than any theatrical release. At some point people are going to have to admit that it’s working for them. 

im also not understanding what is so hard right grasp for you people. Do you imagine consumer confidence to go to theaters is going to magically appear overnight? It will take years to return to normal. 

believe me. The world has grown accustomed to not going to theaters. And guess what? Nobody really cares that much outside of fanatics like us. 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Selfishly I’m glad it’s July cause UK cinemas will hopefully be up and running by then (May 7th was too early, the earliest ours can open is 17th). 

The Disney+ premiere access thing doesn’t seem very successful or popular so that’s surprising. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John Marston said:

could understand moving Black Widow to July 9 for theatrical release.

I could understand leaving Black Widow on May 7 for Disney+ release.

I cannot understand moving Black Widow to July 9 and giving  it a day-and-date Disney+ release.

6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Disney must be making more from PA than people realIze and certainly more than any theatrical release. At some point people are going to have to admit that it’s working for them. 

im also not understanding what is so hard right grasp for you people. Do you imagine consumer confidence to go to theaters is going to magically appear overnight? It will take years to return to normal. 

believe me. The world has grown accustomed to not going to theaters. And guess what? Nobody really cares that much outside of fanatics like us. 

Or it is that literally ANYTHING Marvel related shoots to the top of D+ and parks itself there. 

They might be banking on a ton of D+ PA signups from folks.

Who knows. 

Do agree that it's strange for both July and PA, but, well, I can see the reasoning if squint and see just how well Marvel performs on the platform.

$30 directly to Disney vs. sharing with theaters in an uncertain marketplace...I get that theaters are hurting, but I'm having a hard time seeing how there is a huge downside for Disney doing this?  I'm hoping to be in the theater by then, but I get that a lot of people will not feel comfortable by that point (or won't have access to a vaccine, particularly in non-US parts of the world).  There are a lot of unknowns with various variants of the virus floating around. I'm just excited to see it, however I watch it. 

Edited by sabrecmc
  • Like 1