Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

The only good thing about this news is that by July my friends would all be fully vaccinated so we can watch this in theaters as usual. Otherwise with the old date I would have been the only one vaccinated. Hopefully by then theaters will be back to full capacity.

4 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

No window, no deal. They aren't going to roll over for this. 

We’ll see I guess, but they rolled over for WB as recently as this morning with an arguably worse deal due to the HBO Max releases being included as part of a subscription. At least the PA price might put people off and push people towards cinemas.

1 minute ago, SnokesLegs said:

We’ll see I guess, but they rolled over for WB as recently as this morning with an arguably worse deal due to the HBO Max releases being included as part of a subscription. At least the PA price might put people off and push people towards cinemas.

WB have been willing to lower their terms with the day and date thing, and are committing to a theatrical window again after 2021. Disney So far aren't showing that willingness to help theaters. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 1:13 PM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Wait, NOTHING is going to D+?

This must be a mistake.

According to several members here, Mulan was a huge success, and it was locked that every single Disney movie would follow the same route. :rofl: :rofl: 

Whoops

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 4

I know you guys don't want to hear this but the fact they go PA with BW and Cruella kinda shows they see Raya's performance in a positive light in terms of PA and want to replicate it. If Feige yielded then the results had to be damn good.

The narrative some created on BOT about Raya was misinformation and wishful thinking.

Facts are there!

tenor.gif

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just have to say the last few pages have been awesome when you compare them to WB thread after the announcement.  WB was killing theaters at a time when everything looked bleak with COVID numbers.  Yet when things look great with COVID numbers Disney is just giving people options.  

for now shang shi,eternals and spiderman are theatrical ex , regardless of what happens this year i expect mcu movie for the most part to remain theatrical exclusive , with shorter widnwo though

also lets not forger that bw has been moved up like what 4 times ? and disney alreay has spent some of the marketing budget probably a big part of it , they cant afford to keep movie bw any longer, anyways we shall see what will happen, we still have ways to go till july

Edited by john2000

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I won't be surprised if last two theater exclusive MCU films at end of 2021 are Spider-man movies. 

Oh dang really? Like every MCU movie from here on out is a D+ exclusive?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'll give props to AT&T for at least making their strategy clear for 2021 that cinemas are fully aware of. Disney atm seems to be a bit all over the place in their decision making.

Disney is fully transitioning to DTC, they're going all in on it...WB isn't that bold and is more conservative, that's why. WB's bet was an adaptation to Covid, Disney has a long term strategy and is using the situation to test the waters on what's the best approach.

Edited by Fullbuster
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fullbuster said:

Disney is fully transitioning to DTC, they're going all in on it...WB isn't that bold and is more conservative, that's why. WB's bet was an adaptation to Covid, Disney has a long term strategy and are using the situation to test the waters on what's the best approach.

Another good point. They are getting a lot of data on viewing habits. Direct to D+, PA exclusive, Hybrid model - all very valuable data for the future. But since we can’t put dollars and cents on it, it obviously is a terrible idea around here 😂

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jimisawesome said:

Just have to say the last few pages have been awesome when you compare them to WB thread after the announcement.  WB was killing theaters at a time when everything looked bleak with COVID numbers.  Yet when things look great with COVID numbers Disney is just giving people options.  

Because Disney is only doing it with select big releases through the summer, not every single movie for the rest of the year.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I won't be surprised if last two theater exclusive MCU films at end of 2021 are Spider-man movies. 

There aren’t even two Spider-man MCU films this year, so count me skeptical 😛 

5 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Pretty curious about how this does box office now. If they’re smart they’ll release early in key OS markets with piracy (China). Could see something like 200 DOM, 200 China, 300 rest.

well they still have the ability to make it theatrical only again i guess , especially if kong , a quite place 2, mortal kombat etc do well

Edited by john2000

6 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Pretty curious about how this does box office now. If they’re smart they’ll release early in key OS markets with piracy (China). Could see something like 200 DOM, 200 China, 300 rest.

You know they won’t release it early