Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

6 minutes ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

You know they won’t release it early 

Eh, they released FFH a week early in China+HK+Japan and they didn’t even have any reason to. They haven’t been as attached to total global simultaneity on smaller movies where there isn’t a global spoiler concern.

7 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Eh, they released FFH a week early in China+HK+Japan and they didn’t even have any reason to. They haven’t been as attached to total global simultaneity on smaller movies where there isn’t a global spoiler concern.

That's Sony though, not Disney

1 minute ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That's Sony though, not Disney

Sure, for that particular movie. But Disney has also gone a week early in some OS territories on many many MCU solos. 

It’s hardly outside the norm, is my point.   

What would be outside the norm, and a good idea imo, but I don't thinks they will do, is going 2-3 weeks early in China.

I would love to see it in theaters, but i can´t be mad because honestly, i doubt theaters will be open here by July (and this is the case in lots of countries), and sincerely, even if i get the vaccine by July i have doubts if i would be comfortable going to a theater.

They´re not wrong here, US vaccination is really fast but they need a worldwide audience, and some people will prefer to keep avoiding close spaces like theaters even with the vaccine for a while. 

For a Marvel movie that everyone wants to see, it seems really unfair to me release theatrical only where theaters are open and where it´s still close people can´t see it. Or worse, release only in theaters and force people who are really hyped to go in a theater despite not being comfortable or wait and get spoilers online.

And also, maybe it´s time to assume that despite bad reactions to Premier Access online, people are actually paying it. They did for Mulan, they did for Raya, they´re gonna do for Cruella and BW, and possibly more. So honestly, i think it´s generating a decent amount of money. I personally think it´s too expensive, but i´m considering paying for BW.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 6

You dont realize how much is $30 for an average guy. It's about the same you pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Max put together. And dont underestimare piracy.  With such hybrid releases you can watch a movie for free the same day. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

You dont realize how much is $30 for an average guy. It's about the same you pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO Max put together. And dont underestimare piracy.  With such hybrid releases you can watch a movie for free the same day. 

It's calculated for the average family, it's technically a fair deal for a family of 4, and even advantageous for a family of 5 & more.

Single people are left out but Disney bets those who can't afford it will go to theaters instead.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

I would love to see it in theaters, but i can´t be mad because honestly, i doubt theaters will be open here by July (and this is the case in lots of countries), and sincerely, even if i get the vaccine by July i have doubts if i would be comfortable going to a theater.

They´re not wrong here, US vaccination is really fast but they need a worldwide audience, and some people will prefer to keep avoiding close spaces like theaters even with the vaccine for a while. 

For a Marvel movie that everyone wants to see, it seems really unfair to me release theatrical only where theaters are open and where it´s still close people can´t see it. Or worse, release only in theaters and force people who are really hyped to go in a theater despite not being comfortable or wait and get spoilers online.

And also, maybe it´s time to assume that despite bad reactions to Premier Access online, people are actually paying it. They did for Mulan, they did for Raya, they´re gonna do for Cruella and BW, and possibly more. So honestly, i think it´s generating a decent amount of money. I personally think it´s too expensive, but i´m considering paying for BW.

That's well said, too many people here fail to take different points of views and focus on their own, immediate bubble. And you're right for Premere Access, it seems to be doing better than people predicted here and definitely satisfying enough for Disney a they did it just 18 days following Raya's release. Disney's own words are clear about Raya and Premier Access:

"Following the successful release of “Raya and The Last Dragon,”

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Piracy didnt kill Soul in Russia either, But Wonder Woman 1984 was dead on arrival. 

Suggests it’s more of a WW84 problem than a piracy problem, no?

14 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

No matter how rich or poor you are, the ticket equivalence will be the same. $30 is bad compared to one ticket. It’s pretty good compared to 3 tickets.

28 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

Suggests it’s more of a WW84 problem than a piracy problem, no?

No matter how rich or poor you are, the ticket equivalence will be the same. $30 is bad compared to one ticket. It’s pretty good compared to 3 tickets.

Why you compare movie tickerts with home entertainment? It;'s pretty much like compare going to live concert and listening music on youtube or spotify? Or going to football match and watching at home. Of course the first option will cost more. 

Even if you get 4 people at home you still get much worse experience for the same price. And its not very easy to have 2 people in one family with same movie tastes. Greedy stupid stidio bosses wet dream. 

More fair to compare with online platforms. Once again one movie = entire catalog of 3 biggest online platforms.  Outrageous price for the most but enough to destroy the balance. 

Family and children films do not suffer from piracy at all. Everything else do and blockbusters suffer the most. Films with average and but world of mouth are dead on arrival with hybrid releases.  

Edited by juni78ukr
  • Like 1

I understand the rationale but fuck Disney for delaying this again. 

Also fuck Disney for sacrificing Black Widow AGAIN. 

Also, this is great for Disney+. I'm guessing they release it 3 months after that without extra charge? Kinda hoping they hold it until Thanksgiving. 

The more I think about it the more I think the 30 dollar premium price will work going forward.

30 dollars will force families and friends to have viewing parties which will create hype similar to pay per view fighting events.

At my house these releases are used to have a date night and I can't be the only one.

Lastly, people who love the theater can't be completely mad considering the theater option is available. I think expecting hardcore fans who are worried about covid to risk going to theaters is selfish and dangerous.

Either way I expect big numbers for BW compared to past releases. Hopefully they can give us something to track.

• Like 1